Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cosy apre paddle/ride trousers.
  • geomickb
    Free Member

Bit chilly last night after a paddle and I started thinking if I could get some cosy apre surf joggers.

Does anything like this exist?

Should I really be looking for “cosy” clothing?

Edukator
    Free Member

Apre is the opposite of cosy. Make your mind up. 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

These are excellent, I’ve used them in all kinds of Uk winters weather – barely feel the cold in them.

https://www.lavacoreinternational.com/view-all-men

breninbeener

They are super super uncool, but i have a pair of what the army call ‘softie trousers’. Im not sure you would actually go anywhere in them, but they are warm.

They are insulated with synthetic insulation like primaloft and seem to have a pertex style outer. They are reversible and are green one side and beige the other.

They are ve cheap on ebay

Ian

dti

80s shell suit?

joshvegas
    Free Member

They are super super uncool, but i have a pair of what the army call ‘softie trousers’. Im not sure you would actually go anywhere in them, but they are warm.

Definitely an after dark option. I do agree though proper just sit about not getting cold trousers.

stevextc
    Free Member

Crag Hoppers lined trousers… two varieties base camp and thicker winter… (works for me anyway) no in the “cool category” but comfy, warm and loads of pockets

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has Rab Vapour Rise and I’ve the Montane Winter Terra trousers. Both pertex and thin fleece inside.

Both like turning the heating up…ideal after or during a cold canoe.

peterno51

I have a pair of Lands End flannel lined jeans for cold weather/camping sit outs etc.

They Are Ace.

Think you might have to wait till the Autumn to get them from there though.

dovebiker

I have a pair of Montane insulated pants with full zips down the sides and braces – they were good enough to wear in the Arctic 🥶

grahamt1980

I have a mix.
    I have some fleece lined jeans, i have a pair of the army softies (for winter swimming). Most recent purchase was a bargain on ebay, got a pair of haglofs mid fjell insulated trousers which are awesome. Not too warm but plenty warm enough and look like black cargo trousers will but another pair of i manage to kill these

geomickb
    Free Member

They don’t need to be too cool but the softie trousers are probably pushing it.

I live in Adidas trackkies (WFH) so was hoping for something slightly more respectable. I keep looking at joggers but they seem to all have tight ankle cuffs. I think I would look a right spanner wearing them.

Pieface

Craghoppers lined Kiwi trousers are ok, not super warm but not super thick either. Good value. I use them daily for 6 months for dog walking, good for post running and swimming, pretty versatile

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Something like this?
    Rab Pants

Montane do something similar: Prism Pants

geomickb
    Free Member

They look great but too extreme and expensive. I guess when I say cosy, I just mean comfortable. Primaloft not required.

grum
    Free Member

The man said joggers! Not weird expensive technical gear.

Are you not just after some fleecy trackies? Eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392997527320

Edit: oh just noticed the bit about the ankle cuffs, I dunno then 🙂

olddog

The term you need to Google is – open hem joggers – lots of non-cuffed

geomickb
    Free Member

Am I right about them ankle cuffs? 48 year olds shouldn’t be wearing them?

IHN

MrsIHN has some lined trousers from Mountain Warehouse that she wears after open water swimming. Swears by them, reckons they’re one of the best things she’s bought.

mmcd

Surely ankle cuffs are fine as long as they aren’t paired with the tight calf bit that seems to be the fashion these days?

BoardinBob

Honestly, these are the best trousers you’ll ever buy. I live in mine. Ridiculously comfy and warm

https://alpkit.com/products/bloc-mens

trail_rat
    Free Member

Am I right about them ankle cuffs? 48 year olds shouldn’t be wearing them?

Is the point to get warm again or to Look “good”

geomickb
    Free Member

The point is to wear something comfortable without looking like a spanner.

I just want the same feeling I get when I pull on my 10 year old hoody.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pairing it with a 10 year old hoodie I don’t think you have anything to worry about with trackies cuffs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cosy apre paddle/ride trousers.’ is closed to new replies.