Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Costs for double gazing?
  • oldtennisshoes

I’m idly considering putting new windows in my mum’s house before I sell it.
    It’s a 3 bed 1 bath detached bungalow – it needs 7 windows including 1 bay.
    Oh and a couple of matching UPVC doors would probably be good too.
    Any ball park figures for recent supply and fit?
    NW England (Horwich) if that makes any difference?

stumpy01

We had our 4 bed detached done for £5.5k about 5 years ago, including:

– a new UPVC front door
    – new skin in the back door
    – 2 large windows upstairs with 2 full height openers on each
    – 4 small windows upstairs with 1 opener on each (one with frosted glass in the bathroom)
    – New UPVC french windows in the living room, plus one small window with 1 opener
    – 4 new panels in a bow window in the dining room with 2 openers
    – 1 small window in the living room with 1 opener
    – high level letterbox shaped window in the downstairs loo

Quotes ranged from £5.5k to £8k. We recently had a hinge replaced & the bloke commented that while the panels & frames were good quality, the hinges were a bit cheap & too small for the size of the openings; so perhaps they saved a bit of cost there.

Trimix
    Free Member

I had 4 front of house large windows with three opeingin elements. £3k I think.

But the best quote was from Everest, with their one time only discount they qoted about £25k !
    How we laughed. The bloke was serious as well.

Basically most of them are all the same, its the fitting you need to be happy with.

midlifecrashes

You could work out a rough supply cost on here:

https://www.modernupvcwindows.co.uk/

Then add what you think is reasonable for three days work, and another couple of hundred tops for sealants, fixings, timber, plaster etc. £5k would be very expensive.

Although unless you’re going to give the place a proper makeover, I wouldn’t bother, I’d just completely empty it out, including carpets so a new buyer can see how sound it is and sell it as is.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks folks

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m quite near you OP and had our 4-bed detached done with a composite door, UPVC side door and UPVC rear patio doors for about £7k a few years ago.

Message me if you want some feedback on local firms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Costs for double gazing?’ is closed to new replies.