Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cost to post a bike?
  • Makore
    Free Member

If I pack a road bike in a standard bike box can anyone recommend a company that will carry it for a reasonable price? I looked at a few but their maximum size limits seem to be a bit smaller than a bike box.

alanl6538
    Free Member

parcel monkey?

sent a frame next day delivery for £18 a couple of days ago. they might go a bit bigger for no extra cost…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Try the “search” function dude….. then you find the answer without asking.

Paisley couriers or Interparcel (if you’re clever with the dimensions).

tony24
    Free Member

parcel2go is around £20

Makore
    Free Member

Thanks all.
    (I did try the search function but missed the answer! I tried; sending, courier and posting if I remember correctly. Maybe I should have persevered or gone advanced but gave up and asked…..)

slackman99
    Free Member

senditnow.com

£11.99 next day

£12.99 next day before noon

Sent via Parcel Force, couple of extra quid to up the insurance

bigbloke
    Free Member

I used royal mail to post a whole full suss and it cost around £18-£19, that was in a bike box.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I posted mine on here. It cost nothing budum tish 😀

I’ll get my coat…..

geoffj

A normal bike box doesn’t meet the standard sizes for most of the cheaper resellers.
    I’ve used payperparcel to send bikes in two boxes (frame in one, wheels in another) for less than £20. This is cheaper than paying for the extra dimension charges on one box.

If you have a good relationship with an lbs, they may be able to send it for using their account, which probably allows for full size bike boxes.

spindi
    Free Member

parcel2go

+2

Just sent a bike and two frames by them. Very good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cost to post a bike?’ is closed to new replies.