Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Corrugated steel roof – how to attach?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

I’m undecided about this one – I’m building a structure in the local park for a community garden, it’ll be made out of scaffold poles, and will have a corrugated steel roof. What’s the best way to attach the steel roof to the scaffolding?

I’ve seen the self-drilling screws that are offered with the steel roofing – will they really drill and tap themselves into the scaffold beams? Or better to use U-bolts?

Thanks 😉

wwaswas

pop rivets would stop people nicking/undoing the panels?

Or security headed screws?

perchypanther
    Free Member

TH screws supplied will be for fixing to flat purlins. I wouldn’t be using them for scaffold tube.

U Bolts or hook bolts would be my choice.

Or fix purlins to the scaffold tube using bolts and screw the sheets to the purlins.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bencooper
    Free Member

Cheers, yes, I was figuring the screws wouldn’t be up tu drilling and tapping into 3mm-wall tube.

I do also need to have a think about making it secure – the tubes will be clamped together with socket fittings, I figure some ball bearings hammered into the allen key holes will make them much harder to undo. Maybe use an angle grinder to round off the corners of the bolts when tightened.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Corrugated steel roof – how to attach?’ is closed to new replies.