Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Corrugated bitumen roof sheets – any good?
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

Five year old felt on my shed has failed – the corrugated bitumen roof sheets look good, anyone got experiences or advice on choosing this over felt?

its for an apex shed.

properbikeco
    Free Member

get some metal roofing that will fit, never have to touch it again

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve used them on most of the out buildings I’ve built.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/corrugated-shed-roof-replacement-whats-best#post-5086433

Cheap, light, easy to work with.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

stoner – thanks that’s perfect. Will hit wickes at the weekend.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ve used it, and will again.

dantsw13

It’s on my workshop – easy to fit, weathertight, and long lasting.

Mugboo

Put them on the log store & shed. They needed plenty of support on the log store to stop the drooping as it’s only got a slight fall. On the shed I just fixed them over the original roof. Very impressed for the money.

Not sure they can be compared to a metal roof. The difference in cost is too big.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Plenty of support is required. On a lesser slope its advised you ply line first. I’d leave the original roof in place and just overlay.

allthepies
    Free Member

Easy to work with (can cut with a hand saw – try that with metal), last ages – go for it.

project
    Free Member

Slide some roofing batons up inside the corrugations to stop drooping of the sheets when they get warm in the sun,also remember tofit the screws wuith washers on the highest part of the corrugation not in the valley parts,unless you want lots of leaks.

allthepies
    Free Member

The Wickes leaflet has fitting instructions which cover all that stuff.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/44.pdf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Corrugated bitumen roof sheets – any good?’ is closed to new replies.