Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • theotherjonv

can’t do weigh in tomorrow, so did it this morning. 2lb off. Don’t know why, not complaining. Next stop, 13.5 st, then after that i can start saying I’m closer to 13st than 14st again.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Might do mine now too. Last week was 4lb up on the last weigh in but I had been to America and had a bloody great time.

2lb of it has gone already. Phew.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Early weigh-ins are the thing this week! I did likewise – 1lb up.

Currently on a train in Greece hoping I’m going the right direction and wondering how much I’ll put on by next week…

Plenty, I reckon

Tiger6791

Right back on it after hols!

2.2 lbs off and here we ago again…

Normal BMI is somewhere over there on the horizon, still out of sight, but feels closer…

(79kg = Target = 24.9 bmi)

scaled
    Free Member

Well, living like a monk has its benefits. That’s the best part of 800g off.

Carrot and butternut soup is on sale at Tesco and must be made with dust. I had enough defecit in the bank to not be completely derailed by my wife making raspberry pavlova for pudding.

Jamie
    Free Member

1.4lb up.

I really need to have a word with myself. Not so much I’ve fallen off the wagon, that I have bought a wagon factory and jumped off that.

Would have been 140 if I’d stuck with what what I was doing, but now 151.4lbs. Bum.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i should get back on it really, but it’s sunny here and we may BBQ. You know what that means…

welshfarmer

Well there was a shock. After a pretty lazy week eating wise I appear to lost a massive 1.5 kilos! Certainly last weeks weigh-in was a disappointment and probably missing a morning ablution of some kind.

If anyone needs a helpful hint on how to beat the Friday morning weigh-in it must be to go and ride the Alpe Du Zwift in a hot cellar the night before. Still felt a bit dehydrated this morning but certainly gets the results. My lowest ever weight (well in the last 30 years anyway) and FINALLY) I have a normal BMI 🙂

EDIT: However. I have a stag do this weekend so lots of beers and unhealthy eating will soon knock me back to where I was. Maybe I need to over indulge and go full Roman Excess

RobHilton
    Free Member

Can’t for the life of me figure out how to send an email from my phone for a group contact so there ain’t one this week.

And it was gonna be the best, most hilarious, motivational one ever…

dirkpitt74

Plateaued again so need some ideas for low carb, low calorie lunches.

firestarter
    Free Member

Well a weekend in Malta put me five pounds up but I think it was all alcohol after a week back I’m back down to where I was,  happy days

scaled
    Free Member

Plateaued again so need some ideas for low carb, low calorie lunches.

It can get pretty monotonous but soup does the job, check the labels though, Covent Garden carrot and butternut squash soup is like 150 calories for the whole pot (2 servings, and is half price in sainsburys at the moment.) fulfils your low calorie criteria but it is packed with sugar (9.1g)

Add in a pack of beef jerky for a snack and i’ve still spent less than a meal deal.  if i’m starving i’ll throw in a handful of spinach and it’ll wilt in the soup

Tiger6791

Slight increase but I stopped using MFP! and have rediscovered SUGAR…

Need to focus…

theotherjonv

Flat, maybe a lb on but based on 3 days in Amsterdam at an exhibition eating Stroopwaffels and nights out entertaining on the company card, I can live with that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Harrumph.

scaled
    Free Member

Up a smidge, deserved it though. Eating out, beer and a take away this week. I’ve got the hang of this cause and effect thing now I think.

FB-ATB

Yay, down 0.9kg, but still over Jan’s start and way off the target. Only been slightly careful with food intake and still v little exercise. Hopefully if I can get into gear some more will come off.

RobHilton
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Jamie
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Harrumph

</div>

Rob concurs! It’s like I’ve taken up competitive (bread) eating. I feel a return to veganism is required to sort me out…

theotherjonv

My daughters have also enrolled me in a 30 days burpee workout…….

Day 1 was do as many as you can in 2 mins (24) and then most of the rest of the program is based on repeats of a % of that number, to make it as hard for the superfit as it is for the rest.

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/full-body-workouts/6188/take-the-30-day-burpee-challenge

Then there are rest days, and then some ‘other’ days like the 60 as fast as possible day

And last night’s (Day 15) was killer. One minute ascending; in minute one do one rep. Minute 2, do 2, minute 3 do 3, and so on. Rest for the remainder of the interval. Easy so far, but of course as you get further in the reps get more and the rest gets less….. but keep going until you fail to beat the minute.

I only managed to do 12 in minute 13 when the timer beeped, but that was a blessing because there’d have been no rest and then I’d have failed min 14 with (at a guess) 6 or 7 on the basis I got down for rep 13 but couldn’t get back up again due to the lactic in my legs!! Supposedly completing min 14 is good; I’m considering that unfinished business for after the course is completed.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well I’m down about 1kg from last week (but I think last week was a bit higher than it really was) so I’m feeling happy.  At least my daily [lunchtime] salad seems appropriate in this weather 🙂

fatmax

Back up above my starting weight from a couple of weeks back – need to up my game (improve my eating) again.  Great to have this as extra motivation though, thank you!

Jamie
    Free Member

Rob concurs! It’s like I’ve taken up competitive (bread) eating. I feel a return to veganism is required to sort me out…

Yeah, not sure what happened. Was chugging along quite well, then the wheels came off 6 weeks or so ago, and refuse to go back on. 7lbs up on where I was then. Which is **** shocking.

RobHilton
    Free Member

When the time’s right, the time’s right.

Back on it today for me: low-carb veganism, no booze, (hopefully) kick the ciggies, joined strava to record daily partial commute. I’m quite all or nothing, don’t you know 😁😁

I like JV’s burpee thing! I’ll get on that once my poorly back has righted itself.

Oh, I forgot to fix the charts – it’s on the to-do list, though :).

scaled
    Free Member

Rob, have you tried an ecig mate, check out the thread on here from yesterday about recommendations as i’m a bit out of the loop these days but it helped me kick the fags.  The ecigs themselves are a bloody nightmare to quit as well though so maybe, if you are a proper all or nothing person then just make the call to not be a smoker 😉

alpin
    Free Member

Had a bit of a shock this morning.

Not weighed myself for some time.

Was 77kg back in November last year, the heaviest I’ve ever been. A solid month in Italy of riding, not eating shit, but still enjoying vino and birra saw my weight drop to 71.5kg.

Weight didn’t stay there, but leveled around 73kg.

My mum passed away a month ago and my diet and lifestyle has gone out of the window. The last month has been a mish-mash of pub grub, meals out, sausage sandwiches, three or four beers a night in the pub and no exercise. Subsequently my weight has rocketed to 78.1kg!

Time to head south and get riding again!

I find it hard to eat healthily whilst in the UK. I know it’s doable, but the food is generally rather hearty and the beer moreish…..

RobHilton
    Free Member

Dear alansd1980, alpin & fatoldgit,

Please stop **** up my charts 😀

Data needs to be input for every week (one of you doesn’t even have a target weight!!) otherwise things go awry.

Love from Rob xx

marcgear
    Free Member

Milestone weigh-in today – this morning the scales reported under 100kgs for the first time since 2012.  Still behind where I need to be to hit the target by June 22nd after things went a bit awry over Easter, but I’m catching up.

scaled
    Free Member

Well done that man! Going from 3 figures to two figures must feel good 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nice one marcgear!

Bonus points for using “awry”, which was the word of the day yesterday :).

(I had to check how to spell it!!)

Tiger6791

Another couple of pounds away! Hopefully heading in the right direction again

Jamie
    Free Member

1lb down.

Hopefully this is a turning point, as to be on course but then wang on 7lbs was just ridonkulous.

Cutting out all sugar, as that is my only weakness, during the week.

Anyway, 11lbs to go, maybe a bit more as lost some muscle due to being a decrepit husk of a man who’s joints explode at the slightest touch.

RobHilton
    Free Member

a man who’s joints explode at the slightest touch.

Someone’s put one of the bangers from a party-popper in your spliff.

Static week for me – can’t complain I spose. Have fixed the charts and back-filled the missing data for the miscreants, so everything is now tickity-boo.

Wally

Significant mental win today, into the next 5lb section. I was very stuck in the 165lb+

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve spent about 6 weeks in the 76.xKG range, i mean, i’m still there but it’s 76.0 today!

Tiger6791

Bit of an increase this week, on average everything is going in the right direction but the fitness gains and weight loss are smaller and hard won now.

Gone are the days of dropping 7lbs in one week! I’m now doing well if I can drop 7lbs in 2 months!

RobHilton
    Free Member

A loss! A loss!

YAY!

Lordy knows how with the amount of semi-stale office sarnies I’ve stuffed down me gullet this week, but I’ll take it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I lost 1/2 a pound.

This time next year Rodney…

welshfarmer

Doing the OMM Bike this weekend, so 12 hours of racing, in the warm weather. Can I defer my weigh-in until Sunday evening 🙂

Definitely getting harder now to shift anything without massive efforts and serious self control. Still, almost 10 kg better off than Xmas and 20 below my worst ever. I’ll take that. If only I could now eat what I wanted and it would stay that way 🙁

sharkbait
    Free Member

Phew.  Thought I’d plateau’d on just low carbs and zero exercise, but down again this week – first time below 82kg in >20 years!

The ‘plateau’ was much more likely due to a load of guinness over last weekend 🙂

Tiger6791

1lb (0.5kg) increase

Had a bad weekend food wise Damn you …..

Cooked breakfast

2 x Sausage & Bacon Sarnies

Burger

Wine & Cheese

600cal expedition breakfast

Burger

Coronation chicken baguettes

Pack of Jelly Babies

Lemon Meringue Pie with Ice Cream

Nom Butter (WTF that is)

Entire pack of Caramel Wafers

Profiteroles

M&Ms

Burger King……

Cannot understand why i’ve not lost anything……

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.