Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • rhinofive

mission accomplished #WootWoot #GoMe……..but I guess the hard work is in keeping the lard at bay when it tries to sneak back on

if it helps anyone else, I’ve only really trained myself to stop grazing between meals. given I would chomp through a block of cheese in no time, I’m equating the 8.8kg lost to 25 x 350g blocks of cheese………which is probably what I would have eaten in the preceding 8/9 weeks if it wasn’t for you lot and the record keeping.

good luck everyone

Tiger6791

RobHilton
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Tiger6791
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

1lb off!

god this is tedious and slow now

</div>

And I’d logged in specially to sing praises of how your devotion and consistent, steady weight loss is a shining example to us all of how to do it.

Won’t bother now ;).

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve been losing a pound a week and have been pretty pleased with it! I was dropping a few lb a week when I started, but when I fell to about 12 and a half stone it all slowed down. 1lb a week still adds up to a lot, I’ve lost a total of almost 2 stone since October.

Turns out I snuck under my target last week and I’ve got my stones to lbs out by 1lb. Decided to keep going, 11st 13 on a 5’10” guy still looks a  little flabby and I figure if I overshoot I’ll have a bit of leeway to sneak back up a bit once I come off the diet.

Tiger6791

And I’d logged in specially to sing praises of how your devotion and consistent, steady weight loss is a shining example to us all of how to do it.

Won’t bother now ;).

For the best I reckon, as of today I’m on the line and not sure how I’m going to stay below it or how the bejesus I’m going to shift 4.1kgs (9lbs in old money) in 3 weeks to get my target…..

Dust?

theotherjonv

11st 13 on a 5’10” guy still looks a  little flabby

It might on you…….

gerti
    Free Member

Fantastic work, those who’ve already met their goal!

I’m still wallowing about at a 4-5 lbs loss since we started, but it’s not frustrating, I know I only have myself to blame for the mediocre loss. Although without the CC, I’d be 4-5 lbs heavier than I am now, so it’s not all doom and gloom 🙂

Would be nice to get another couple of pounds off in the next few weeks. My weekly bike miles have been increaasing recently, thanks to the stretching light, so hopefully that’ll help.

Keep on keeping on CC!

roger_mellie

Just to say thanks to Rob for the weekly emails. I don’t dip in here too often but the weekly reminders are an amusing distraction from the biscuit tin, of which I have been frequenting a little too much of late… 😉

dirkpitt74

Not managed to get much exercise done over the past 3 weeks with a hectic work/life schedule and have also been a bit slack on the weigh-ins.

Last weigh-in I did I’d plateaued at 76.5kg’s for a couple of weeks, even with the lack of proper (gym/bike) exercise the intervening weeks spent walking around freezing cold building sites and refusing to give in to the constant call of sausage sandwiches and cake has resulted in a drop of another 1kg, so 3 weeks to go and only 0.5kg left to reach my goal.

Now the weather has improved and work isn’t so crazy I can get back on it and try to better my target.

Thanks for the encouraging emails Rob, well done to those who have reached and surpassed there initial target weights, and good luck to those still firmly in the fight!

Garry_Lager

Well done to all who’ve taken the bull by the horns and shifted some kgs.

Been slow progress for me, but I’ve started to put my back into it – totally given up snacking for over a month now. Have to say I thought this would be huge given the grazing I do, esp at the weekend, but it’s only led to a modest couple of kilo loss thus far. Done very little cycling, though, with illness and being away. Back in the saddle now so things might pick up a bit.

Tiger6791

Absolutely no change, despite,

– Fair bit of exercise

– Decent daily calorie deficit

– Very few carbs

– No booze

and for the first time I’m above my target line on the graph… grrrrrr

Hard work this getting thin, getting fat is much easier and I’m very good at it!!!

Well done to all those that are winning, I think staying the course 3 months in is the hard bit…..

(edit: just need to remind myself I’ve already lost 2 stone this year and that it’s bound to be slow going for the next 1-2st)

theotherjonv

another shit week, another 1lb on.

But I came 4th in the plank off at boot camp last night so there is something happening under the lard.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Another 1lb off… yay.  300g to go – am chuffed as I still haven’t done any excercise!!

Jamie
    Free Member

144 > 145 > 144.4 > 144

It’s been quite the roller coaster these past few weeks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

144 > 145 > 144.4 > 144

It’s been quite the roller coaster these past few weeks.

Pah! Tis but tiny humps!

Your humps, your humps,

Your humps, your humps, your humps…

scaled
    Free Member

Well, bollocks. I’m above the target line for the first time and wondering if i’m going to get there at all as i’ve been yoyoing about all over the place the last few weeks. People are commenting that I look thin and i’m down 2% bodyfat on my entirely unscientific scales.

Need more discipline in the evenings 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

*humble brag*

Accidentally lost three times more than I was planning to lose this week- 3lb rather than 1lb. Means I’ve lost a total of 2 stone since I started in October!

I think I’ve found the key to success – have a wife who is living elsewhere. My wife’s been away for a week so I’ve ridden my bike lots, not had biscuits or cakes in the house (the key to female happiness is biscuits and cakes I’ve found) and had nothing to nibble on.

I will celebrate with pudding.

RobHilton
    Free Member

U wot m8?

That’s sterling progress! It’s gonna fluctuate a bit – don’t beat yourself off about it 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Talking of fluctuations, I jumped on the scales this morning (yep I can jump now rather than waddle) and they were rewarded me with a reading of 84.7 – they said I was 85.3 on Friday!

I was a good boy yesterday but I’ll have to wait and see what happens at next week’s weigh in.

If it’s a real reading then I’m below my target for this round of the CC!!!

Need to reset my ambitions 😁

Tiger6791

Right need some inspiration!!

Cant seem to easily break 14st and I’ve been stuck hovering at the same weight for a month. (Still lots to lose, I don’t get a ‘normal’ BMI until 12st7)

I’m sticking to 1500 cals a day (more at weekends admittedly but not mental)

Carbs are lowish

Only had 1 beer this year 🙁

I’m doing a reasonable amount of exercise.

Just need some ideas as it’s getting annoying i feel I’m doing enough but it obviously isn’t!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Carbs are lowish

Try making them lower.  All I have done is stop eating bread, pasta, rice, pots and biscuits/sugary crap and I’m down about 13kg since the beginning of December (I probably had a week off for xmas).

I’m not doing any excercise and still have a few beers at most weekends (nothing during the week), so I could have lost more.

I REALLY don’t miss pasta.

I don’t think I could do a low calorie diet.

welshfarmer

Ditto, cut out bread and spuds and won’t eat anything that I couldn’t make myself from bought in ingredients. Kind of means I end up with a trolley full of veggies, fruit, dairy and meat. For snacks it is nuts, fruit or an oat biscuit with honey. I also seem to get stuck around the 14 stone mark (last 2 wight loss attempts have ended there. Have gone past now and heading for sub 13 if I carry on like this. Keep at it.

Tiger6791

Yep, that’s the annoying thing!

i don’t eat bread, pasta, potatoes, biscuits the only carbs I get are Fruit & Veg & Milk

Typically I have fewer than 100g of carbs a day.

eckinspain
    Free Member

A big thanks to Rob for organising this – it’s the first time I’ve done this and the spreadsheet (and having a goal written down) has really helped.

Last week was the first week I’ve put weight back on, but it was my daughter’s birthday party and rugby on Saturday (yes I weighed in late) so not surprising.

Need to try to get that kilo back off again this week before a wedding on Saturday (with curry!)

As others have said for me it’s the lack of carbs that’s really helped. This last week has been eating all the leftover carb-heavy party food which would explain the weight gain.

No second breakfast today so off to a good start to the week!

theotherjonv

Right getting back on it, and going to see if getting back on my 5:2 regime helps kick start both a bit of loss and also restarts my enthusiasm.

WLT get under 13.7 quickly (like a couple of weeks – currently at 13.11 i think) which would then be a victory, and trying to get close to 13st (maybe 13.3/13.4 by last weekend of April), ‘cos I’m going on a weekend away when food and beer will be consumed and narcissist as i am, I’d like my mates (and their wives) to be a bit 8o at my fitbod.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tiger – try ditching the fruit for a week and see what happens.

I forgot to mention that I’ve not eaten fruit either in an attempt to get rid of as much sugar intake as possible – it’s a bit painful as I love my fruit but…..

My meals are basically the same as the rest of the family but substituting white stuff with green and orange veg.  If they’re having something that doesn’t fit in with this then I have fish with lots of veg.

This weekend I discovered that mayonnaise, lemon juice and a decent squirt of mustard makes a pretty good substitute for Hollandaise sauce.

Oh yes, and shit loads of eggs!

Tiger6791

I’ll ditch the fruit but we’re not talking a lot though

Veg & salad stay

I’m gonna try up the water intake, reduce the coffee (& therefore milk)

and I think try different exercises, I’m 100% cycling and I think my body is basically very very very used to it.

Running and body weight exercise beckons I think…grrrrrrr

Tiger6791

Well….seems like eating less and riding virtual bike rides has helped..

Good results this week but still over my target line but pulling it back, a lot to go in a week….

1.7kg off this week (nearly 4lbs) – Yay!!

30lbs lost so far this year (13.6kg) – pleased with that!

2.4kg to target! – 1 week to go

RobHilton
    Free Member

Good work that man!

2.4kg to target! – 1 week to go

Wouldn’t worry about it; don’t forget this is a long-term thing. And new targets will be set very shortly anyhow 🙂 🙂

theotherjonv

1lb off – right direction, I suppose, had hoped for more.

welshfarmer

And BOOM.

A combination of plenty of Zwifting, continued low carb/no bread diet, and getting no sleep and loads of stress now we have started lambing have knocked over a kilo off last weeks total. Now to see if I can keep it off. Next target is sub 80 which is getting back into sixth form weight of over 30 years ago 🙂

Thanks to everyone for coming along for the ride and supporting each other along the way. It definitely makes it easier knowing you are not suffering alone.

Jamie
    Free Member

Basically I have stayed the same weight for a month now. Which, given intake and lack of exercise, is an achievement in itself I guess.

Think I am going to stay in this holding pattern and push on for the next ‘summer bod bikini edition fat club’ to get the lasts 5lbs off. Hopefully I will be less decrepit at that point so I can exercise without a joint snapping.

I would just like to take time out from my moaning to thank Rob for doing this. He is the hero we don’t deserve and his portly enthusiasm has helped week in and week out. To be honest, this thread is the only reason I come back to this forum these days, so well done everyone, Rob and those like Jon who did previous rounds. 👍

I am now going to press submit and wait a few mins for my post to send and hope I don’t get redirected or logged out in the meantime.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yay…. if my scales [same ones I’e used all the way through] are to be believed then I’m over the line 🙂

Started early December when I was looking at 98kg and now <85kg.  I feel better and must have done myself some good.  It’s not really been difficult and I think that cutting out bread, rice, pasta and biscuits/cakes is now my lifestyle choice.

Roll on next week and the then Chub Club v18.2 so I can aim for the totally unseen world of > 80kg!!!!

Edit: I really should start doing some exercise!

Tiger6791

And new targets will be set very shortly anyhow

Is that a hint at Q2 – Beach body ready chub club – love a sequel! 😀

Blobo – First Chub: Part II

2 Fat 2 Fatty-ous

Chub Academy  2: Assignment Miami Beach body

Chub n Chubber II : When Phatty met Phinny

XXL-Men : The last diet

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

been out the club for a while now, just thought I’d say big up Rob for sorting this out. it’s been a massive eye opener and changed how I eat FOREVER. cheers all and stay light

Tiger6791

Can’t believe I didn’t think of these,

Diet Hard 2 : Diet Harder
    Diet Hard with a Viennetta
    Diet Hard 4.0 : Live Fat Free or Diet Hard
    A Good Day to Diet Hard

rhinofive

well done / keep going to all as may be required & big thanks to Rob for doing all the admin

I’m hoping to have a big (or should that be small?) final week to hit my new Otis Redding target

scaled
    Free Member

Back to where I was 4 weeks ago, I’ve not been on a massive effort on the food front but I’ve certainly been thinking about intake more and thought that banging out the km would bring me on a downward curve. Makes me wonder how big I would be if i hadn’t started to keep an eye on things?  Do MTB miles burn that many more calories than road/turbo miles? That’s the only difference in my life at the moment.

Roll on the arrival of a new mtb!

Tiger6791

Do MTB miles burn that many more calories than road/turbo miles?

Mt MTB its like HIIT, short sharp busts of power and then freewheel, concentrate on trail etc. and cause I enjoy it more and tend to ride longer (this may not be true for you 😉 )

Turbo is more steady state with odd very short sprints

alansd1980

Ffs, after doing well for a while I stopped logging my calories on mfp and it’s been a disaster. Diet has gone back to where it was with copious donuts and cakes, throw in a couple of social events and meals for anniversary and I am back up a few pounds.

this it’s time to go back to January’s no alcohol and religiously logging everything. Doing the smoke ring challenge and back to back 100 mile off road days mean I need to shed as much timber as possible!

If it wasnt for this reminder coming in every week I wouldn’t have realised what has happened so big kudos to rob for keeping us honest!

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.