Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have woken up refreshed after my blowout yesterday, which really wasn’t a blowout as I went snowboarding all day and was starving. I had a bit of chocolate too! Scales do say I ate a bit too much mind.

Cycled to gym then to work, cycling home then XC ski school this evening. Looking forward to a good week of chipping away at this last 1.5 kilo of gut

core

No loss at all yet here 😕

But, I’m in the middle of trying to move house and living with parents (who are feeders), plus weather is crap.

Concerted effort from today on. Any tips for getting rid of belly?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

eat less move more 😀

gerti
    Free Member

Any tips for getting rid of belly?

When you have no control over what you eat, you can still control how much you eat. So just cut back on quantities where you can. Say no to that biscuit, say no to second helpings, etc. Every little helps.

At least you’ll have made a start for when you get into your own place again. Good luck 🙂

theotherjonv

Any tips for getting rid of belly?

Sadly, no, not really. It seems that men are predisposed to putting weight on in the belly area, women around the hips and bum, and in turn that seems to mean it’s the last to go as well.

I still have an embarrassing wobbly spare tyre despite having lost 3st (16 -> 13, although I’m 13 1/2 now) but have relatively little spare fat on the rest of me – chins, upper arms, legs, etc. are all relatively fat free. However my waist size is down 4″ as well, so even though the horrible bits that we hate when we look in the mirror are tough to shed, I’m convinced i have shrunk substantially around the waist.

So to get to ‘ripped’ around the waist – I’d either going to have to lose substantially more (at at 13st I was still just into BMI>25, so still officially overweight) or just accept that I’m not an Olympian and learn to live with it.

I’m also approaching 50……. and after 20+ years of being chubby I also suspect if I was to lose weight down to very low body fat (which on my frame i reckon would be 11st something) then I’d probably replace love handles by loose skin anyway, so frankly – lesser of 2 evils I think.

Tiger6791

What Jon V said, it’s the last to go 😯 (& moobs)

My body is like a strange cut’n’shut I have the lower half of Chris Hoy with no fat on my legs and some decent muscles

Unfortunately I have the top half of Pavarotti 🙁

But then again I do zero upper body exercises apart from using my arms to shovel food into my face

theotherjonv

The classic STW physique then.

legs like Wiggins, body like Biggins

legs like Jackman, body like Pacman

there were a few more but those two stick in my mind and should really be on T-shirts

Tiger6791

X Large T-shirts obvs

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

its weird I have started to get like a 4 pack (well like 4 beers hidden under a thin blanket perhaps) , but the last 2 ‘packs’ (2 pac? ) are slathered in fat. it must go. I will win.

dirkpitt74

Another week gone and another 0.5kgs down – staying on target so far.

bearnecessities

legs like Jackman, body like Pacman

Oi!

Tiger6791

staying on target so far.

😀

dazh

If anyone’s after ideas I can highly recommend 24 hour racing in temps down to -10c. Came back from the puffer 2.5kg down on last week’s total and now have a ravenous appetite that I’m trying to resist.

Jamie
    Free Member

If anyone’s after ideas I can highly recommend 24 hour racing in temps down to -10c.

Tempting, but nah.

Wally

Belly fat is my issue, nothing on legs, arse, arms, totally on belly. Very hard to shift now 47 tomorrow. But well done OP, i’m on the wagon.

alpin
    Free Member

Finally found a set of scales today.

Was 77.7kg.

Now 71.5kg….!

Several hundred kilometres and several thousand metres of climbing in the last three weeks…. Go me!

wiggles
    Free Member

Well done!

I’ve managed to lose half that with basically no exercise so I don’t feel to jealous ( 👿 ) but when you start off as heavy as me it’s not that hard really!

alpin
    Free Member

Cheers…. Might have to rethink my goal, as it was 73kg…. Might go for 70kg. Going to start with some your body training in the mornings.

Well done, keep going!

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m still amazed at how I’m not missing bread, pasta and rice having been a complete bread-head for the whole of my life.
    Beef Stroganoff tonight but with green beans and cauliflower instead of rice…. Really tasty (especially with a squirt of lemon juice in there instead of brandy).

Edit: bacon and eggs for breakfast and salad for lunch.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah its crazy how you just get used to it. I don’t miss cheese whatsoever, never really bothered about booze either, no sugar cravings. its just the portion size of whatever that I miss!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m still amazed at how I’m not missing bread, pasta and rice having been a complete bread-head for the whole of my life.

It’s been 3 weeks. I’d have thought 3 months would be the point for amazement, no?

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s been a real shock to my system that I won’t die from eating 800-1000 calories a day…

A few weeks ago that was lunch

grenosteve
    Free Member

Well done guys! some impressive weight loss there. 🙂

I’m still struggling, I keep having binge fests – last night I was really fed up so went to the shop for a few bottles of cider and a tube of pringles. 😳

I wish stuff like that was a one off, but it’s about three times a week at the moment, undoing all my daytime dieting and riding.

It’s a massive disappointment after smashing it last year, but staying positive and trying to get back on track!

wiggles
    Free Member

Most of us do that… Well most of weekends end up being a bit of a write off with the kids home I make more food so there is more stuff to eat, but as long as I keep it together during the week it seems to be ok.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m still struggling, I keep having binge fests – last night I was really fed up so went to the shop for a few bottles of cider and a tube of pringles

I did same on Sunday. Stopped myself, then ended up going anyway. It’s ridiculous but it exists. I guess psychologists would suggest it’s indicative of other issues….or maybe just boredom.

My only suggestion is mitigation. Choose lower calorie items, or something like hardboiled sweets which can’t be troughed down as quick as a tube of Pringles.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

wiggles are you sedentary and eating that much?

I find it ok to not go over my allotted 1850 calories a day. 550 ish breakfast lunch and dinner plus a snack. Usually a can of tuna and subsequent death breath 🙂 I digress. I think though I’d find it hard to go below that and function… I.e think at work, not snap at everyone.

I’m training too, but not sure if I should be being a little harder on myself

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m not doing a lot.

I walk a a few miles in a day taking the kids to school and walking the dog but no gym or bikes at the moment. The diet is 800 per day for 8 weeks but I do go over sometimes but the good thing about it is “going over” is still only 1000 calories when I was aiming for 1600 I was still going over but then you end up at 1800 which isn’t going to do much for me. Just stupid psychological stuff I suppose…

Honestly not finding it harder than 1600 though

grenosteve
    Free Member

I guess psychologists would suggest it’s indicative of other issues

It’s definitely this, I’m just not ready to deal with the issue at the moment, and know it. Just have to try and manage it and concentrate on the weight.

Wiggles, 800 cal a day is nuts! Good work!

wiggles
    Free Member

I make you really consider what that 800 consists of and you make sure it is something that will fill you up. Eating 800 calories of something like a chilli with plenty of beans and stuff in it will last you a good while.

800 calories was a packet a biscuits for new in the past 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

800 cal a day is nuts!

About 130g of them I reckon.

wiggles
    Free Member

It makes you really consider what that 800 consists of and you make sure it is something that will fill you up. Eating 800 calories of something like a chilli with plenty of beans and stuff in it will last you a good while.

800 calories was a packet a biscuits for me in the past

Sorry so many typos in there I couldn’t even understand my own post

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

god I love nuts. wasabi nuts, salted cashews, honey roasted almonds, plus a beer.

Dear god help me

wiggles
    Free Member

Plain cashew are what I’m having at the moment peanuts are gross without getting salt and/or honey

dantsw13

Hey Wiggles – just checking in – sounds like the BSD is working for you?

After the 8/weeks, I tried to just stick to mainly low carb, but with the odd bit of decent granary bread, brown rice etc. apart from xmas, I don’t do cake, biscuits & crisps anymore. I still have a few beers post ride on a Tuesday night and I’m still below 14stone. Started at 16st 5 last Jan.

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s going well thanks have been a few “mishaps” but haven’t really eaten any bread etc just been over the calories a but really.

Lost a few kg so far so going well. At about 106.5kg now (from 109.2) aiming for 99 or better so looks like I’m heading in the right direction.

Below 14 stone is my aim long term really, I was 12.5 at this height once upon a time 😯 but after being over 17 st for a few years I’d be very happy with less than 14.

(Yes before any says I am aware I switched from metric to imperial in the same post…)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

how is everyone doing ?  I’ve changed my methods slightly, have tried to really reduce carbs now to get rid of the last couple of kilos.   if anyone has any low carb side dishes they recommend let me know.

we had a fantastic salad last night    Celery, Fennel and apple salad with walnuts and parmesan, lemon and oil dressing made it not bitter at all. Really recommend it

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/celery-fennel-and-apple-salad-with-pecorino-and-walnuts

destroyed it with a piece of salmon and got the same for lunch today

gerti
    Free Member

Rubbish week here. Increased exercise, increased hunger, decreased willpower. Not hopeful for this weeks weigh in, but will try and view it as just a blip and try and see the long game.

wiggles
    Free Member

I have eaten a few things I shouldn’t over the last few days due to being away out for dinner etc but still kept the calories in control just eating the wrongs things… So hopefully I’ll still be the right side of the graph come friday

theotherjonv

didn’t think I’ve been that bad, but lack of exercise (weather too crap last weekend and can’t run due to hamstring) means I’m currently +1-2 lbs.  Which i don’t really believe, and I’m treating this as an interim week anyway (I only really count the every 2nd week) so hopefully I get passed fit to run later today, I get a decent ride in at the weekend, i rode to work this morning, and I can start back at Boot Camp next week too……. so hopefully I get the ‘new starter’ bonus then.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think the toughest thing I have had to do in relation to diet this week, is relocate this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.