Corpulent Collective 2018

Home Forum Chat Forum Corpulent Collective 2018

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 868 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • Rob Hilton

Just sink a pint of water when tempted and it’ll make you uncomfortably full, removing the desire to put anything else in your stomach :).

alpin

1250hm, 30.5km

So many broken branches on the trail… Supposedly there was an ice storm which brought down loads of trees and branches.

No scales to hand…

Premier Icon simon_g
    Subscriber

perfect example of why weighing daily is not -> IMHO <- useful or helpful.

I both agree and disagree. Looking at that single reading in isolation can be confusing at best. If you’re recording lots of those readings and applying moving averages to them they become a lot more useful. I lost a good chunk of weight well over a decade ago after reading The Hacker’s Diet – I don’t think all of it is great but the signal and noise chapter is worth a read at least.

When I remember (ie. when I’m actually trying to lose weight) I weigh first thing in the morning after a wee but before doing anything else. It used to go in a spreadsheet but we bought a Withings scale years ago so it just beams into their app and does all the smoothing / averaging stuff.

Biggest benefit IME is that daily reminder I weigh more than I want to be (I don’t pay that much attention to the number beyond what it starts with), and to eat sensibly today.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

I weigh myself everyday. I find the anomalies very interesting and now that I have gotten over the ‘fear’ of staying the same weight for a few days, or indeed going up , I think it’s fascinating to see how different foods effect you I.e salt , red meat etc

Jamie

Food recommendation.

Aldi sweet potato burgers. Can be cooked, but ready to eat so works as a quick lunch on the go. Just under 400kcals for both.

£1.49 and also do a beetroot version.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FpqSeHO.jpg[/img]

sharkbait

About 30g carbs/burger? No thanks!!

Subscriber

Milton Keynes does it again!

Jamie

About 30g carbs/burger? No thanks!!

Obviously it’s not for you low carb weirdos 8)

wiggles

I weigh every few days tried not to after Friday night/Saturday but did this morning and things are heading the right way even after that so pretty pleased.

Premier Icon fatmax
    Subscriber

Weigh myself most days, as I think it’s interesting to see what has the biggest effect.
    Only out on 0.8lb over the weekend, so happy with that. I’m much better at controlling diet during the week when I only bring healthy grub into the office.

wiggles

This diet thing is hard this is all I’m allowed for lunch 😉

Jamie

Paleo/low carb people.

Always so cocky at the start 8)

wiggles

Haha I’m not pretending to be perfect… I caved and ate a whole slice of bread yesterday!

But the good thing about being on the “diet” I am is my target calories are pretty low so even when I do slip up and go a bit over I’m still eating waaay less than before

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

Paleo/low carb people

I’m going with low carb & low calorie & low fat

Currently enjoying Dust!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7qh_XL_yM[/video]

wiggles

I uploaded that bacon&eggs picture via imgur and it is now my most commented on/liked picture ever. “Beautiful simply beautiful” being one example 😆

Although most of my other ones are just car wheels or random tools… (My impact wrench has a rating of -12 people really don’t like it)

Subscriber

lamb burgers, yay or nay . Might be my weekend treat, or will they undo months of hard work in one go*

*may not be true

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jan/17/tom-kerridges-spicy-moroccan-lamb-burgers

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

And tomorrow looms….. 😯

Rob Hilton

Yay to lamb burger – note the singular ;).

Eat whatever you want, just not as much of it as you might want to.

I’ve got too into feeling hungry all the time and have been losing weight a bit too quickly, so I had a *massive* pasta binge on Tuesday night to even things out – it was awesome!!!!

Jamie

Weird.

Lightest I’ve been in a while and still have a little podgy belly.

All those carbs I guess 🙁

Subscriber

ha cheers Rob. I did the same with a panettone we found at the back of the cupboard left over from Christmas. Felt hungry and a bit down due to lack of cake so smashed a tenth of it with two teas on Tuesday . Rock and/or Roll 😮

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

howsyourdad1 wrote:

lamb burgers, yay or nay . Might be my weekend treat, or will they undo months of hard work in one go*
    *may not be true
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jan/17/tom-kerridges-spicy-moroccan-lamb-burgers

Definitely Yay. As many as you can eat. And then buy some more. Just make sure they are welsh lamb 🙂

Subscriber

I had a snickers today. But went also XC skiing for 1.5 hours.#winslimming

see you for the weigh in!

alpin

Over 7000 metres of climbing this past week and trails to die for…

Couldn’t give a rats arse about weight loss… Sure I’ve dropped some weight, but I’m feeling happier than I have in a long time…

gerti

alpin wins weigh in and life in this weeks installment of CC (even if he has put weight on).

January in the UK is beyond crap.

Subscriber

I can smell those socks drying in the sun. Good work Alpin!

wiggles

Hopefully things will be ok from tomorrow’s weigh in stated away from the scales for a few days but been low enough on Calories I should be losing weight

alpin

Cheers guys…. And I managed a shower yesterday!

grum

Ah shit it’s tomorrow – think I’ll have gone back up to my starting point probably 🙁

sharkbait

Aw crap… I thought it was every two weeks 🙁

May not be a pretty number…. if I’m the same as last week I’ll be happy (even though I’ve been pretty good on the carbs)

prawny

I was doing ok at the start of this week, but it’s too cold dark and miserable forma decent calorie deficit on my commute, I was really flagging on Tuesday night, then the Mrs suggested a chippy tea, I didn’t put up much of a fight.

I think I’ve lost a pound in 2 weeks

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

Previous 3 weeks I rode 300km a week and put on weight. Haven’t ridden at all this week in prep for the puffer and lost 1.5kg 😕

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

Pizza, rioja n double deckers

Ooops

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

dazh wrote:

Previous 3 weeks I rode 300km a week and put on weight. Haven’t ridden at all this week in prep for the puffer and lost 1.5kg

I did wonder how comes you were top 3 last week and had only done 10 k this week. So looks like you will still beat me this week with a late effort at the Strathpuffer :-).

Damn. Looks like I will have to bang out a long ride this weekend if I am to stay in the top 3 for at least 1 week.

You do! 😉

You also have the BB200 to work towards Tiger6791

PhilO

Half a kg in the right direction this week. Probably the best I can hope for given the current lack of exercise – once it’s down below 90kg, I can crank up the lunch time runs a bit without knee trouble.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

A nice steady 600g loss this week. Despite eating cake (a missing Christmas cake from a supermarket).

Jamie

Another pound down. So far my plan of eating dust in the week, and the opposite of dust at the weekend, seems to be mildly working.

Subscriber

excellent work all, half a kilo for me despite my panettone debacle on Tuesday.

markwsf

Another kg off here from last week which is odd as I’ve been away working for a few days – no exercise and restaurant eating for a couple of nights combined with a Burger King on the drive back.

My weight seems to oscillate day to day so if I draw an average line through the “noisy” data it’s more like 1/2 kg loss this week which is still in the right direction!

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 868 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.