Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Coronavirus Community Help – Coordination Ideas
  • woody74

I live in a village with a really large proportion of old people that will be self isolating and therefore needing support. To help the Parch Council coordinate things and put a bit simple IT behind it I thought of the following to match up those who need help with those then can provide it. Councils are trying to discourage individuals helping with no coordination, if this is right or wrong I am not sure.

Singletrack members have a wealth of IT knowledge so come on let me know your suggestions. Anything that makes it simpler and quicker to help people out and match people up.

1. Set up a secure Google drive spreadsheet
    2. Flyer goes to all households with details of how to contact it you need help or want to provide help.
    3. People that want to help register by sending some basic details. This allows us to verify each person, even if just the Parish Councillors verify they know the person. At least this a basic level of checking. We then give them access to the spreadsheet.
    4. People who need help, ring or email a central contact and the request and their basic details get put on the spreadsheet. People are asked that they are happy for their details to be shared. (Sorts out any GDPR issues!)
    5. An email goes out to all helpers that there is a new job.
    6. Helpers look on the spreadsheet to see what is new and select the jobs they can help with by putting their names by the specific job. This could be that Mrs Smith needs a weekly shop. Dave says he lives up the road so happy to look after Mrs Smith.
    7. Helper marks on the spreadsheet that they have made contact and helping.
    8. As time passes we then need a way to check that Mrs Smith is being looked after and that Dave is still well and helping her?
    9. Spreadsheet is secure and we can remove access when needed if there are issues.

This allows us to have a couple of people manning the phone and emails. Less burden of having to try and find someone to do each job, as people select the jobs they can do.
    Also gives a central email list of people that can help

How do we deal with money for food orders,etc. People will run out of cash at some point. Maybe cheques!!!

cinnamon_girl

Bumping this for you as it’s admirable. Come on you clever IT peeps, can you help?

smokey_jo

You can set up Paym on most personal bank accounts for free.

rogermoore

I’ve used it in O365, but not Google, but to simplify entry you can use Forms (Tools, Create Form) in GoogleSheets.
    RM.

woody74

Come on people, there must be some ideas?

cinnamon_girl
    shooterman

Did it the old fashioned way over here in NI.

Local clergymen got together and posted on Facebook and shared via local sports and community groups. Cards will be left through letterboxes in our locality on Saturday with 3-4 mobile nos on them for people to contact if they need help.

Clergy are the genesis but asked for help on the admin side and practical side ie going shopping / making deliveries. Seems to be a good response.

Number of folks have chipped in offering to mind NHS workers children at their homes if schools shut.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.