Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cornwall cottage recommendations with sea view
  • Pook

Looking at Cornwall for me, my wife and our 5 and 3 year old. Any recommendations?

jam-bo

Stayed way down west at Vellendreath, sennen once. Wasn’t cheap but perfect location.

andy4d

Had many a good time with the kids at higher laity farm cottages over the years. Nice beaches just minutes away, st ives etc in driving distance and a Tesco etc down the road.

jkomo

Had a great stay here-
    http://www.littlebeachhouse.co.uk
    Belongs to one of the STW massive.
    Close enough to hear the waves crashing into the sea wall.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

In true STW style, not quite a sea view but 5 minutes from Widemouth bay:

Budds Barns

Stayed there many times.

northernremedy

Stayed Here and it was tremendous. Great village.

Pz_Steve

Not sure what kind of accommodation you’re after, but I’d recommend this place. Again, not cheap, but fantastic location, specially for kids. Hard to imagine anything more traffic free.

I’ve never “glamped” in my life, but I’ve been in these and I’ve seen less substantial houses! It’s on the farm next to us (no commission on recommendations, sadly), and trust me, it’s quite a view!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Any of the cottages at trebarwith strand.

st

Also interested in this after years of staying in St Ives town something with a difference view and less “more” would be perfect.

jimdubleyou

Carbis Bay Hotel were building some awesome looking beach houses the last time we were there.

Will be spendy though…

mafiafish
    Free Member

I’ve stayed at Pentire farm in one of the bigger houses, but the national trust has a bunch of smaller properties close by and it’s a great location for coastal walks with Bedruthan steps being in easy reach.

Esme
    Free Member

In even true-er STW style, why not consider Pembrokeshire instead of Cornwall?
    Easier journey, fewer tourists, cheaper cottages, empty beaches . . . no contest (in my opinion).

TheDTs
    Free Member

Prussia Cove, no public cars within a mile or so, no ice cream vans or shops either, turn up, supermarket shop in advance, no need to leave till you go home.
    Been going for 25 years.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ha! I was going to chime in but jkomo beat me to it, thanks for the recommendation.

anyhow, at risk of emphasising the point, my place…

http://www.littlebeachhouse.co.uk

if you want sea views it looks straight out over the ocean to the surf crashing onto Cowloes reef 100m away, and you are right opposite the lifeboat house which the little ones love if the boat is launced down the slip.

also for little ones there is a lovely sheltered sandy beach directly opposite that even in height of summer is never crowded, or if you want the main beach and the surf its a minute away along the prom.

if you don’t know west cornwall, its a stunning place. quite a bit less touristy than other parts of cornwall, Newquay especially, has a very strong arts culture with loads of great galleries and places to visit, and as well as the beaches there are high moors full of stone circles and iron age villages to explore. stunning road cycling too!

my email is in the profile or the house one is… info A-T littlebeachhouse D-O-T co D-O-T uk

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cornwall cottage recommendations with sea view’ is closed to new replies.