• This topic has 29 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by rhys.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Cornwall campsite walking distance to the beach
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

next summer we are off to Cornwall to visit some friends. I thought there would be tonnes of campsites where u can just walk down to a beach. But I’ve been on google for a good hour to two hours and had no joy. Everything I’ve found so far is a “20 minute walk along coast paths to walk to the beach”

Any suggestions / help welcome?
    thanks

Jordan

Whereabouts in cornwall? Had a fortnight down there in the camper in august and found a few places.

jamesg55
    Free Member

the area doesn’t really matter. We are quite flexible and can travel to see our friends.

scotroutes

Carlyon Bay at St Austell is only a 5 min walk from the beach.

kongman28
    Free Member

We’ve done St Ive’s bay holiday park, which has access straight onto the beach or Pentewan Sands which has it’s own beach and a lovely walk to Mevagissy.

Sandwich

Porthkerris has camping almost on the beach, search for the diving school.

jam-bo

travelling around cornwall in the summer is no fun and its a long, spread out county. what looks a short distance on the map can take forever.

bude in the north to the lizard for example could take you a couple of hours, easily more.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Polzeath- 5 min walk tops

mefty
    Free Member

Polzeath has a campsite above beach, closer than where most park.

the-muffin-man

A whole 20 minutes walk! 😳😱

tnrbilly
    Free Member

Mother Ivy’s Bay. Private beach for the campsite, plus Harlyn and Constantine Bay within walking distance.

dknwhy

Another vote for Pentewan Sands. Nice beach.

precutduck
    Free Member

Depends how basic you want to go, higher pentreath campsite is close to the beach. I’ve not stayed there but saw how close it was.

ads678

Gwithian has 2 site in easy walk of a great beach.

Churchtown farm and Gwithian farm. Both good sites. Great pub in Gwithian as well.

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea if it still exists, but Porth beach outside Newquay had a campsite that was on the beach (well, a quick hop over the road) – but I am thinking back to ancient history from when I used to go there as a kid.

Edit – yep, still there
    https://www.porthbeach.co.uk/touring-camping-newquay/

jamesg55
    Free Member

@the-muffin-man ye i don’t fancy walking 20 minutes with all my stuff for a day at the beach with a 3 year old and a 5 year old.

perchypanther
    Free Member

St Ives Bay Caravan Park has a camping area right next to the beach.

bluebird
    Free Member

Churchtown farm and Gwithian farm. Both good sites. Great pub in Gwithian as well.

Churchtown is a good campsite, great facilities, can be a little officious, but small price to pay for a billiard table flat pitch, walking to the beach and outdoor hot showers for getting your wet suit off (plus indoor showers).

The pub in Gwithian is closed at the moment, but The Rockpool isn’t that far away and does good food. They also have a chippy van and pizza van visit the site. Sunset Surf used to do food in the evening too, and is walking distance.

rossburton
    Free Member

Carlyon is right on the beach, good for the Roseland, and even has a Hub Box right on your door.

rhys
    Free Member

Polly Joke (Porth Joke)
    Walking distance to the best beaches in the UK
    Polly Joke
    Crantock and number 1 Holywell Bay

tboz
    Free Member

Treyarnon Bay might be worth a look, smallish campsite, right by the beach.

https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/yha-treyarnon-bay

jkomo

Polzeath- you can see the beach the sea and the town.
    Spendy but worth it.

Home Page

Good facilities too.

dogbone
    LeeW

Sun Haven Valley in Mawgan Porth is great, great facilities, near to the beach (20 min walk). Get a pitch next to the stream for free beer cooling 🙂

gallowayboy

+1 for Polly joke…

twistedpencil

Pentewan Sands again here, had some great holidays there. Will look into some of the other suggestions for our next trip.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Not strictly in cornwall but close, North morte farm campsite close to Woolacombe has a beach accessible from the site 5 mins downhill (rockham beach) and baricane and woolacombe beaches are not far – great coastal path and area. Pubs and chippy in North Morte and a shop on site.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Porthcothan has a couple of campsites right by the beach.

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

Trago Farm nr Crantock is in walkng distance of 2 great beach’s, we stopped at St Ives Bay last year, good site just depends what you are looking for.

rhys
    Free Member

It’s Treago Farm. Polly Joke campsite is further down the track (towards the beach)
    Treago farm has good amenities (campsite rather than holiday park) Polly Joke campsite is an idyllic field with shower ,toilet, washing up block.

Both put you in a brilliant place.

More Holiday park type more spendy is Trevornick. In the middle would be Parc Dean in Holywell Bay

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Cornwall campsite walking distance to the beach’ is closed to new replies.