• This topic has 52 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Corned Beef and Beetroot Sandwiches…
  • allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Hand cut, extra thick crusty white bread, corned beef, baked beans, previously warmed until thickened and cooled, brown sauce. Close thread.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I am a lover of corned beef and beetroot sandwiches and I’m also prepared to try all the combinations suggested above, but I’d like to throw in a curved ball into the equation, my wife cooks beetroot then dices it up, puts it in a jar and tops it off with raspberry jelly, let it set then eat it with anything. It is a thing of beauty believe me and that my friends is the end of this thread!

honeybadgerx

The natural accompaniment to pickled beetroot is thick slices of ham, pease pudding and English mustard, all in thickly sliced white bread (bonus points for a stottie).

lesgrandepotato

The natural home of the corned beef is on a homemade pizza with little blobs of dairy lea. That’s proper food

bearnecessities

MTBMAFF – anything else she adds ingredient wise? Tempted to try that with some of this summer’s harvest.

DrJ

Feeling peckish, but beetroot for lunch usually costs me a work shirt (undressing in the company cafeteria is frowned upon. Go figger)

hora
    Free Member

Beetroot, cornbeef, English mustard AND some saurkraut

yunki
    Free Member

Holy mother of god!!

Corned Beef has always been a povo option.. Even as kids we knew if there was corned beef on our plates then the chances were that Christmas was gonna be a bit shit..

Inspired by this thread I went to the supermarket for a couple of tins yesterday relishing the thought of this cheap and tasty treat..

Over £2 effing 50p!!!
    I’m guessing that we’re not getting on very well with the Argies atm or something?

binners

You need to get yourself down to M&S for some of this…..

hora
    Free Member

Yunki. For some people it’s no poormans food. I’ve always loved cornbeef hash, goulash, other retro faves such as Carnation Milk and (my own fave) dry baguettes. Now my young son also loves all this.

Plus as kids Sunday Briskett was the stuff to die for. Both cornbeef and Briskett are now trendy-beard type stuff arent they??

Plus beetroot, anything beetroot rocks.

yunki
    Free Member

For some people it’s no poormans food

Obviously not at over £2.50 a tin!! 😯

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

all this talk of corned beef and beetroot etc makes me want to chase it down with a beer

ctk
    Free Member

Sandwiches tomorrow I reckon. Bread in the oven now will be using corned beef, beetroot and additional ingrediaent of salt and vinegar crisps. Hopes are high

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Corned Beef and Beetroot Sandwiches…’ is closed to new replies.