Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Copying a work shirt
  • mj27
    Free Member

I have tried for many years to find a work shirt that fits well, and finally succeeded but they do not sell them anymore.

Has anyone got a shirt replicated in similar materials for a reasonable price?

lunge

If you have a local tailor they may be able to take one that doesn’t fit and adjust it, I’ve certainly done that with other clothes.
    And you can get custom made shirts but they’ll be pricey.
    Also, have you tried Charles Thyritt shirts? the combinations of fit they do cover most body shapes.

mj27
    Free Member

I have tried CT but have never been happy with then for fit.

Speeder

have you tried Charles Thyritt shirts? the combinations of fit they do cover most body shapes.

The Charles Thyritt shirt’s I’ve tried would certainly cover the “do cover most body shapes” description. The sizing of the product in the packet bearing no relation to the example shirt I tried on in the shop and the neck being tight whilst the “fitted” body being tent like. Frustratingly I bought a few and didn’t need to use them for a while so couldn’t return so they went to the charity shop unworn.

Make sure you try before you buy.

No use to the OP but just for balance

drlex
    Free Member

Yes, but it involved a tailor in HK and a friend who was working out there to act as relay.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And you can get custom made shirts but they’ll be pricey.

I’ve used https://www.itailor.com/ successfully, also everything bespoke (via eBay) neither was especially expensive.

The materials are only going to be an issue for you if you are looking for anything particularly odd, like pvc or rubber (what do you do for a living?).

TiRed

Find a brand that is close, then have them adjusted, £10 per shirt is reasonable for a tailor. Or just buy a machine and tack in the seams. I have wide shoulders for my slim build, so some shirts just fall off me. Slim fit Small is normally OK, but even then, some are not a good fit if I size up for the shoulders.

Frustratingly I bought a few and didn’t need to use them for a while so couldn’t return so they went to the charity shop unworn.

Prime candidates for adjustment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Copying a work shirt’ is closed to new replies.