• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cop snipers strike again….
  • alpin
    Free Member

3 dead cops in Baton Rouge.

Is it any surprise?

Recently watched that Black Power doc on BBC3. Quite upsetting how people are treated due to the preconceptions the police hold.

MoreCashThanDash

Agreed.

Also depressing that some people think murdering cops is the solution.

stumpyjon

I believe one of the dead cops was Afro Caribbean……

Anyone who thinks violence will solve this issue is not thinking right.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sadly it’s not really surprising this is happening.

samunkim
    Free Member

What weirds me out a bit on this.

Both ex-marines with no real attempt to strike and evade.
    So obviously a real elaborate “suicide by cop”

How terrible was life for these guys when this seems their best option. Not even expecting to reach paradise

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s a damn shame all round…

In a way, you can see why it happened, but all it’s going to do is escalate tensions further and lead to more bloodshed.

The solution?

The government should punish the cops who take peoples lives, then this would never have happened…

Under the circumstance, surely they will start making rogue police more accountable, to prevent further escalation and loss of innocent lives on both sides.

ninfan
    Free Member

What weirds me out a bit on this.

Both ex-marines with no real attempt to strike and evade.
    So obviously a real elaborate “suicide by cop”

True enough, you only need to look at the beltway sniper a few years back to see how much chaos they could have caused if they had wanted

BillMC

It’s no surprise that if the NRA and others keep banging on about the right to bear arms (bare arms in Saudi?) and self-defense then it’s no surprise that when individuals /groups feel under attack they do just that. If you keep drip-feeding the poison, people become toxic.

maccruiskeen

The government should punish the cops who take peoples lives, then this would never have happened…

Unfortunately, broadly in the US, increased and severe punishments have little effect on offending. With the scale of their sentences, the brutal environment of their penal system and their enthusiasm of capital punishment as a deterent you’d think the result would be they’d have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. The result they have instead is roughly half of all the people in the world behind bars are behind bars in the US.

The US needs solve problems that are far more fundamental.

LAT

On the topic of former marines involved in shootings, about 3 months ago an ex-marine moved from somewhere in California to Houston because it is easier to buy guns in Texas. The day after he arrived he was in the street shooting at people and a helicopter (which he managed to hit 5 times, so a pretty good marksman). He was there apparently to kill non-Christians. The whole situation is quite worrying.

A bar I used to visit in Houston had a customer who would wear a t-shirt that read, “US Marine, I kill people so you don’t have to”. It wasn’t a rough, or serviceman’s bar. They, especially in Texas seem to have a different view about killing people than than the folks in other countries. They practically worship their military people which I think gives them a different view on killing ‘the enemy’ than in countries where this isn’t the case. They also have a very different world view that from outside could appear to be paranoid and brainwashed. Oh, and a lot of people have served in the military.

Every one knows it is easy to buy a gun in Texas, but it really is very easy. I went to a big-box sport shop to buy a beach shelter. While there the guy told me that Colt AR15s were on sale. $400 including a scope. That was about a year ago , so less than £250.

From by brief experience of the place, it is a very troubled country whose citizens believe is the best place on earth.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cop snipers strike again….’ is closed to new replies.