Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cooling a Van
  • valley
    Free Member

Hi All I have a 2 Year Old Berlingo van with Full Bulkhead etc , I have dogs & with it being a DarkColour Find it Really hot in the Summer months what’s my best options for cooling it ? Insulation, roof Vent? Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cut some holes in the bulkhead

Turn on the AC up front.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Get a mirror silver wrap😂

steveh

Insulation inside, roof vent to get some air flow, possibll bulk head window to help the air move.

falkirk-mark

Insulation will also hold heat in longer if hot and bulkhead in place. I would remove bulkhead if possible and insulate back of van (although this is assuming dogs will be in van for a longer duration) also if cab has A/C this may not be rated for the larger volume of the van that removing the bulkhead would give. Really a judgement call for you on how you use the van.

trail_rat
    Free Member

also if cab has A/C this may not be rated for the larger volume of the van

I’d be amazed if the AC unit in the van was any different to that of the car version.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, air con/ventilation, insulation and bulkhead out. Sound deadening, insulation and carpeting makes an incredible difference to driving a van too IME.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Cut a hole for a pop top roof conversion. Don’t put pop top in.

paladin

Spray with water.
    Let it evaporate.
    Repeat.

willard

Add an extra bulkhead and a small generator. Hook that up to an A/C unit. Cut holes in bulkhead 2 and feed nice cold air into the back for the dogs.

sharkattack

I’ve thought about buying chrome 3m vinyl and doing just the roof before but my last van was white so I didn’t bother. There’s no way it wouldn’t work to some extent but I’m yet to try it.

I did fit a Fiamma roof vent to my Tranny Connect and that was good for letting hot air escape but you can’t drive with it open.

If the cab has AC you could try ducting from a vent or two into the boot area where the dogs are. Like the stuff racing car drivers dangle in front of their faces.

Actually just cut holes and fit NACA ducts in the rear panels. Full racing Berlingo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cooling a Van’ is closed to new replies.