Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Coolest person of all time
  • hels
    Free Member

Johnny Cash of course, who else.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

In my mind, an abusive misogynist who pretended to be other people, is not at all ‘cool’. I can see why the characters he played might appeal to the insecure and inadequate though.

I think you have problems with defining cool because you are so painfully dull frankly.

hels
    Free Member

Tee hee, I was thinking that. There are a lot of people sounding like their parents on this thread. They need to go home and eat some vegetables and tidy their rooms.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

failedengineer

Leonard Cohen. Or Steve McQueen. Or Lee Marvin. Or Marlon Brando …

binners

Lifer
    Free Member

Actually I change mine to:

Nikola Tesla

redpanda
    Free Member

I think you have problems with defining cool because you are so painfully dull frankly.

Amusing. Being able to see the reality behind the myth makes me ‘dull’. How insightful of you. 😆

Back on topic:

Mad as ****, and doesn’t give one:

mt
    Free Member

Tony Blair he’s the coolest of the cool. Fact!

Sancho
    Free Member

just has to be Steve McQueen, why is this post going on when it only needed one response.

http://speedtracktales.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/the-price-of-fame-steve-mcqueen-and-the-isdt/

just a regular guy really and that makes the difference

Eddy Merckx was pretty cool

And only man ever to look good in flares?

mudshark
    Free Member

Cool is subjective for sure, in terms of attitude and doing their own thing Zappa and Beefheart for me.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Sqdn Cmdr Christopher Draper aka the Mad Major – stunt pilot, spy, double agent, actor. Out a job, he advertised himself and his abilities by flying under the Thames bridges. He was 61 at the time

yunki
    Free Member

Bjork’s a good shout.. one of the few actually cool people mentioned on this thread

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Zappa
    Oliver Reed
    Tom Waits

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I concur with passtherizla +3

Sell out? – no
    Fleece their fans? – no
    Refuse to sign million dollar contracts and turn down Ahmet Erteguns open offer which was basically oodles of cash to hang on to their principles?

*runs off to put on “In on the Killtaker”

funkrodent

For a thread on a cycling website there seems to be a surprising lack of err..cyclists. Will attemmpt to remedy that with Jacqus Anquetil. As well as being the first man to win all three Grand Tours and the first to win the TdeF 5 times, he also did this:

In 1965, Anquetil won the eight-day Alpine Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré stage race at 3pm, sat through two hours of interviews and receptions, took a 6:30pm chartered flight to Bordeaux and won the world’s longest single-day classic, Bordeaux–Paris the following day. The race started at night and continued, from soon after dawn, behind derny motorcycle pacers.

The fact that he was eating amphetamines like sweets is not the point. That was the way they rolled in them days.
    He wasn’t a “company” man either and seemed to spend most of his career in dispute with pretty much everybody (certainly the authorities, his fellow riders and much of the French public). No disrespect to our current crop of tour winning stars, but he would have eaten Brad and Chris for breakfast.
    So him, closely followed by James Hunt, Ayrton Senna and Ian Wright Wright Wright.
    And not forgetting the great Lembit Opik of course 😉

Northwind

Surfmat.

DezB
    Free Member

Some fellas who haven’t yet been metioned

Miles

Sly

Dre

DezB
    Free Member

Sly Stone gets my vote. Even Ali can’t cope with his coolness.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leR96tZZxEc[/video]

tinsy
    Free Member

edlong
    Free Member

From an admittedly whistle-stop tour of the previous posts, I can’t believe it seems to be page 5 before Mandela gets a mention.

If it’s a film star – gotta be Jack Nicholson

Music: Keith Richards

Literary (recent-ish): Hunter Thompson

Sport: James Hunt

But really, seriously: Nelson Mandela.

Clobber
    Free Member

Idris Elba

Bunnyhop

errol flynn and david niven

scant
    Free Member

John Tomac. 1st 91 XC worlds & 2nd DH Worlds. cant see anyone ever getting podium at XC & DH ever again. plus hes a really nice, down to earth, mildly spoken guy who was just so smooth on a bike 🙂

vinnyeh

Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Coolest person of all time’ is closed to new replies.