Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cooler womens shorts
  • Dickyboy

Are there any women’s roadie cycling shorts out there that are good at keeping her bits a bit cooler? Or is it just a case of comfortable padding = heat 🔥

Esme
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve no idea about cooler pads . . . but my bike buddy is happy to ride without a pad. She must have an incredibly comfortable saddle!

Dickyboy

Sorry, I’ve no idea about cooler pads . . . but my bike buddy is happy to ride without a pad. She must have an incredibly comfortable saddle!

Hmm – that’s not such a bad idea actually, could try the gell saddle cover & no pad 🤔

ahsat

Interesting Q! Never thought about those bits getting hot (my torso is normally the hot bit!). What about something like the Rapha Pro or Souplesse ranges? ££££ but lighter fabric and I think a thinner chamois.

kayla1
    Free Member

Not road, but I ride sans pad and take spare (ie cool & dry!) pants to change into if we’re doing a long-ish ride. Fresh pants! 🤣 If the saddle’s shit no amount of gel padding or pads will cure it though and sometimes gel pads make it worse cos they end up padding the wrong bits 😫

matt_outandabout

I have noticed that one of my pairs of Galbier shorts has a much, much cooler pad than the other.

I think mine are an older version of these – the pad has ‘holes’ you can see through like a thermarest.

https://www.galibier.cc/product/energie/

I also have some Mavic inners that are ‘gel’ and they hold the sweat really badly.

Dickyboy

No pads didn’t really help the situation yesterday, mind you neither did 40miles on the tandem in the heat of the afternoon less than 5hrs after her 2nd covid jab* Will have to see what cooler materials we can invest in for the future.
    * in my defence it was her that insisted going out, I was quite happy on the sofa nursing the after effects of too much vino 😒

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cooler womens shorts’ is closed to new replies.