Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "Cool-Walls" / Technology Boards at Work…anyone use one ? Experiences ?
  • takisawa2

Anyone use this type of thing at work ?
    Thinking along the lines of those boards/displays that the Police use during investigations etc; but for sharing technical ideas, knowledge, intresting technology, problem solving etc.

Any examples to share ?

Email in profile.

Thanks.

almightydutch
    Free Member

We’ve got a couple whiteboards that originally started out life as exactly what you describe.

Now they are just used for notes/things to remember

willard

We have a “Pillar of Hoff” dedicated to the mighty David Hasselhoff. Not exactly what you were looking for, but it does/did inspire the workforce.

We also had a “Wall of Fail”, but had to take that down because the office got repainted.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

but for sharing technical ideas

php forum on local server

knowledge

run a local wiki server

intresting technology

wish list on amazon

problem solving

notebook and pencil

Things that work – IME – are the ones that aren’t overcomplex and don’t require people to wander off somewhere else.

ourmaninthenorth

i do like the use of whiteboards for scrawling ideas (solo or with others), but tend to do quite a lot of that in writing in a paper notebook. with a fountain pen.

yeah, i’m old school.

takisawa2

Thanks all.
    The scribbling away in books & hunched over PC’s, is where we are at (typical engineers), but I’m thinking something more visible, that will be on display & hopefully get folk thinking & adding comments, suggestions etc.
    Thanks again. 🙂

NZCol

We have Facewall which has individuals profiles, a picture of all the things we do that you pin your name on to show where you play etc. Works well as we grow and not everyone knows each other skillset.
    It also doubles up as a social board, baby naming and general humour.
    Sounds lame but has actualy worked wonders for interaction !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"Cool-Walls" / Technology Boards at Work…anyone use one ? Experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.