Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cool things to do in that London
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Okay, I am taking my son to that London tomorrow and need some inspiration as where to go. I don’t want to do the usual things so thought I would throw it open to STW to suggest fun and unusual things to do and see! Help me?

djglover
    Free Member

how old is he?

Shakey
    Free Member

He is 11

djglover
    Free Member

Hmm, well the Army, Imperial War, Horniman and Museum in Docklands might be good. Other than that Dungeon, Hamleys, go for icecream somewhere really cool, Ducktours?

sputnik
    Free Member

The weather looks iffy, so indoors is best.
    The Natural History Museum( think dinosaurs), Science Museum and British Museum(think mummies and Egyptian stuff) are all free.

joolsburger
    Free Member

He’s 11?

Camden market for a stroll and a bit of early lunch, then you could head for one of the mueseums probably the science as that has lots of interactive stuff and will hold his attention.

Did this with my boy and we had a great day..

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely the natural history museum. Planetarium, Buckingham palace. What about the ship/submarine you can walk around. An 11 yr old boy would love the imperial war museum.

mossimus
    Free Member

If the cool ice cream idea above is your thing you can get no cooler than the nitro ice cream bar in Camden

Shakey
    Free Member

Think we’ll start with ice cream!

simon_g

Weather looks OK actually for this weekend.

If you’re wandering along the south bank, the Rat Race event village is by HMS Belfast / Tower Bridge and there’ll be a big crane with people bungee jumping off it.

simon_g

ps. if you’re by the museums (science, v&a, nat hist, etc) then lunch/snack at the Kensington Creperie is great.

Ambrose

Love the South Bank walk, via HMS Belfast, London Dungeon, food at Gabriels Wharf. Stroll over to Imperial War Museum. Don’t forget to show him Tate Modern- not really my cup of tea, but you get to see some art by famous people. Walk over Milennium Bridge to St Pauls. Tower of London too.

jacksta
    Free Member
    mogrim

Another vote for the Imperial War Museum, or HMS Belfast. The Maritime museum is supposed to be good, though I’ve not been since I was a kid. Maybe follow up with a boat ride down the Thames?

The Science Museum and the Natural History museum would also be good. I probably wouldn’t bother with the British, unless he’s really into history.

bedmaker

the Diana ‘thing’
    Take a lilo.

Or go to the science museum. Its cracking.

Tiger6791

Cyberdog

Nat Hist

Golden Hinde

Eye

Imp war

Belfast

Tower Bridge

Park Lane for the Car Showroom

Imax

Buck Palace (for the gurards)

Spearmint Rhino (11 is old enough)

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Dip in the Thames.That should be cool this time of year! 😯 😀

Shakey
    Free Member

Spearmint Rhino (11 is old enough)

– I quite agree but don’t think my wife will 😆

BTW – What is Cyberdog?

LycraLout
    Free Member

Camden market for a stroll

xept, go to richmond and take the waterbus to camden lock

if you can do most of the day, kew gardens

st pauls – impress him at the whispering gallery, then take stairs up inside the skin of the dome.

london dungeon

big wheel

Tiger6791

BTW – What is Cyberdog?

It’s a shop in Camden Market that kinda has to be experienced. Undergorund and very wierd but facinating way.

My 4 year daughter loves it 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

xept, go to richmond and take the waterbus to camden lock

Waterbus runs from Little Venice to Caymden Lock, past Regents Park. Richmond is **** miles away!

Elfinsafety’s Number One Top Plan:

Nat Hist and Science. Go first thing, as it gets packed on Weekends. There is a cafe there, or you might try Cafe Floris on Harrington road, right by South Kensington station. They do nice little pizzas and burgers and stuff, very reasonably priced.

Then, right, I’d recommend getting the Piccadily line up to Pccadilly Circus, funnily enough, which is a short walk up to Hamleys. Come on; no visit to London by an 11 year old can be complete without a visit to Hamleys!

Then, Bus or Tube (or even walk) to Embankment, and get the River Bus to Tower Bridge. Tower of London FTW. Loads of old suits of armour and fighty stuff, plus the World’s finest collection of vulgarity; the Crown Jewels.

If you’ve still got energy after that, then Maybe back on the RiverBus to Greenwich or even Woolwich, past the Dome/O2 and the Thames Flood Barrier.

You could throw in the real treat of the Woolwich ferry, if you have time.

The Docklands Light Railway will get you back into town from either Greenwich or Woolwich. Virtually all above ground so good views. Sit at the front if possible.

Enjoy!

Shakey
    Free Member

Thanks Fred, wondered where you’ve been!

samuri
    Free Member

Nat Hist and Science.

There’s nothing better in London for boys. Maybe go to the eye and see the palace afterwards.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cool things to do in that London

Get the train north?

Kevevs
    Free Member

^^^ there’s always one! ^^^

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Get the train north?

Shut up what an utter bastard you truly are! 👿

Here I am trying to be helpful and that, and you come along with your preposterous and inappropriate suggestions.

Get the train North indeed. With a young child? What a ridiculous idea. 🙄

What next, give them a deep fried Mars bar? Clog up their arteries while they’re still young? Get them hooked on Tenants Super Lager and Heroin? 😯

there’s always one!

Isn’t there always. Not helpful, is it?

Ear Kev, remember Martin Brown’s mate, the one going on about the ‘Austrian bastards’? Well, I think I saw him and another feller the other day, lurking about suspiciously underneath a bridge down by the canal.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cool things to do in that London’ is closed to new replies.