Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cool Longsleeve Jerseys?
  • jfab

Cool in the temperature sense? I prefer a lightweight/cool Longsleeve on hot sunny rides, what have people found to be cool and comfortable/airy?

A quick search pointed me towards Nukeproof Blackline or possibly Troy Lee Skyline Air (although there seem to be lots of similar TLD jersey options).

Does anyone have any favourites?

kelvin

The recycles polyester Cotic branded ones are good… and (whisper it) so are the Rapha “long sleeve technical shirt” or whatever they’re calling ’em this season. Again, polyester with a gappy weave. Those are my two go to long sleeve hot as hell out shirts. With a very thin baselayer…. also poly and gappy enough weave to look like mesh… cooler than without, although I can’t say way.

benpinnick

Royal apex. Lighter and airier than a light thing filled with helium in a wind tunnel

LAT

7mesh elevate long-sleeve is very light. use one in 30°c+. doesn’t get smelly like polyester.

their desperado is also light, but a bit heavier

kayak23

This season I’ve mostly been seen wearing SETUP clothing.

They have some nice and unusual designs and they feel pretty cool to me.
    Good prices too. Most LS jerseys are under £25 and feel like great quality.

This one even has a controversial trail dog on it.

nixie

FOX make a really lightweight one. Its thin so nice and cool but keeps the sun off.

stanfree
    Free Member

EYRA ones are great , they are also on sale just now . Added to that the owners are two young fellas who ride themselves and they are from Edinburgh

honourablegeorge

7mesh Sight, check SportPursuit

irc

I use these for hot days. Very thin. Very breathable. Choice of colours. Just don’t expect any protection if you come off.

I used a similar design for desert riding in the USA. Basically you want sun protection but a fabric as light as possible.

They are one of the few tops I have found that are actually long enough for me at 6ft3.

TCA Men’s Stamina Long Sleeve Lightweight Running Top

£25 on Amazon. Various colours.

johnhe

Interesting thread. After having a carcinoma removed, my Dr advised me to only go out in sunshine when wearing long sleeve tops. Which is a PITA when it’s warm and you’re summer biking. So I’ve been asking myself the exact same question reçently.

I once had an Under Armour top that I gave away because it wasn’t warm enough. I’m now thinking it might be just the ticket – i also find it’s quite useful to have a collar on the top, which obviously not many hot-weather bike tops have.

bikesandboots

Just got an Endura MT500 Burner Lite, has been good this week. Definitely cooler than the normal MT500 but won’t be as crash-proof. Airy panels (gappy weave, as someone put it) front, back, and sleeves. The logo is a bit prominent for my liking though.

StirlingCrispin
    muddyjames
    Free Member

On the theme of John’s post, how many are also sun protection. Last summer ordered and returned some (fox I think) as they were basically a mesh on the torso so you could see through (and so burn) rather than a more continuous fabric.

jfab

Thanks all, I shall do some googling of all of the above!

There are just some days where the sun is a bit scorchio and it puts me off going out because I don’t want to be frazzled. Seems I’m not alone!

@kelvin
    I will be on a Cotic mostly so maybe that’s the answer! On the *ahem* Rapha suggestion, I’ve actually got a Castelli short sleeve “trail tee” and that’s super light and comfy. Handily also on sale in a few places for £25 instead of £50 currently. Those pesky roadies do seem to get a better lot when it comes to brands making things from nice materials, I guess their market aren’t necessarily expecting to treat their kit as badly/roughly so have slightly different priorities?

devash
    Free Member

FOX make a really lightweight one. Its thin so nice and cool but keeps the sun off.

Fox Flexair longsleeve. They’re ultra thin and fit my tall and skinny frame really well without looking like a bin bag. I’m a huge fan and own three of them.

jfab

Thanks, will try and find one in a local bike shop to try on!

johnjn2000

I have just picked up a couple of Fasthouse shirts, one long sleeve and the other short, they feel really lightweight and cool, might be worth a look.

grahamt1980

Haven’t found any bike specific uv resistant ones. I wear a variety of mountain equipment, rab and black diamond climbing tops as they are upf 50+. I have too many moles to risk getting burnt too often

matt_outandabout

MtB jerseys – we’ve some long sleeve Scott ones, one Pearl Izumi and one Endura. No zips. All good.

More road / gravel, I’ve got a couple of brilliant Pearl Izumi (Quest?) jersey’s, one long sleeve and one short which are great on a hot day – I’ve just sweated 80km in 24*c today and stayed cool enough and not damp.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.