Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cool, I'm a First Aider!
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mainly because of what happened to SFB a few weeks ago and my desire to not be utterly useless in such a situation.

Hopefully, I will never need to use it of course but feel a whole lot better about being able to deal with whatever it might be.

Just need a first aid kit now though.

highclimber
    Free Member

good on you. Mine expires in two months so I need to get on one soonish.

crikey
    Free Member

Just need a first aid kit now though

See how much of your knowledge can be put to use using the two essentials; a clean hankie and some duct tape.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

See how much of your knowledge can be put to use using the two essentials; a clean hankie and some duct tape.

Can the hankie come in a plastic bag? That would make the kit more versatile”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well, well worth it. I did it a few years ago, as I had a wee choking incident with my baby daughter and felt utterly helpless. Got my refresher in Glasgow the week before Christmas, right in the city centre, so will be partaking in a few Xmas cheers afterward too. Win win.

I’d advise anyone who can get their employer to stump up for it to go for it.

highclimber
    Free Member

Just need a first aid kit now though.

My advice would be to not buy a ready-made one off the shelf. It’s often cheaper and more effective to put one together yourself. for example, my first aid kit comprises of various bandages, some scissors, gaffa tape and some safety pins. I also have a flexible SAM splint which are excellent. If you look online you can get military type dressings which come in sterile, durable pouches – much better, and more absorbant than most civvy dressings.

matt_outandabout

I also agree with the duct tape, sanitary pad and plastic bag first aid kit as my ‘simples, it is just me’ first aid kit.

pingu66
    Free Member

I looked at first aid kits and thought minimal was better as anything that needed much more than the very basics of strapping up or dressing I would be calling in the big boys.

I really need to get on a first aid course but being self employed! I know I will just feel better doing it.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Thats a freaky coincidence, we had a three day first aid course finish at work today with the qualification exam taking place as well.

Drac

Good man.

some safety pins.

Bad man.

cardiac
    Free Member

I had a basic first aid course through work. Had external person come in and he was awesome. The sort of person who puts it to you straight and is down to earth. It really makes the learning experience enjoyable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cool, I'm a First Aider!’ is closed to new replies.