Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 169 total)
  • Cool brands.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    More uncool geek points for running two monitors off one computer.

Dammit I’ve been outed.

To be honest I had to run the Dell Monitor because the laptop has way too small a screen for all day use its only about 11″. I’m too uncool to go and buy a widescreen Sony monitor when the Dell was already here.

camo16
    Free Member

To be honest I had to run the Dell Monitor because the laptop has way too small a screen for all day use its only about 11″. I’m too uncool to go and buy a widescreen Sony monitor when the Dell was already here.

Explaining your coolness (or lack of) probably isn’t cool.

Suggestion:

Whatevs, brah

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m cool and I think Nike 6.0 are cool but not the rest of the stuff they sell. Here is a picture of the Nike’s I’m wearing now just to prove that I am cool.

you work in a boring office sat at a P.C.
    you are not cool.

deviant
    Free Member

As somebody else said in an earlier post, if it tries to be cool….like Ferrari with the hideous merchandising then it is not cool.

Cool is not about objects as such but about how these objects are used….effortless and laid back is cool.

When i see another middle aged, perma-tanned, jewellery clad, sunglasses wearing Ferrari driver in his showroom shiny car i dont think he looks cool….he looks like he’s having a mid-life crisis….

…however, take the same model Ferrari but one that looks like it hasnt been washed in months, put the driver in less flashy attire and have the Ferrari park at the local supermarket while the owner nips in for some shopping and you have a cool Ferrari….even better if on close inspection there are some kerb marks on the alloys or a few car park scratches.

Similar story for Ducati….the bikes themselves are cool but ruined by the tw*ts who kit themselves out from head to toe in Ducati gear and matching leathers to go for a ride about 6 times a year on said bike….cool Ducatis are when you spin round because you hear that awesome engine note and are met with a slightly ratty example carrying its patina with pride, the rider should also be wearing jeans for maximum effect.

People who name drop brands into conversation are instantly uncool and sadly the brand they have just name checked slowly becomes less cool as more and more bores bang on about said brand….Apple for example.
    Nice products but the following that Apple has is cringeworthy…instantly uncool and as somebody else said, very rarely will an iphone owner ask if you’ve seen their phone if they’ve mislaid it….it will always be “has anybody seen my iphone?”

yunki
    Free Member

passtherizla
    Free Member

ouch… carving looks gnarly.

emsz
    Free Member

talking to a mate who’s 21, her take on this?

iphone/apple: cool
    Aston Martin: depends on who’s driving
    bang and Olfulson: what?
    blackberry: after the riots? are you shiting me?
    Harley: same as Aston Martin
    Rolex: depends on the bloke wearing it (ie is he fit LOL)
    Ferrari: same as Aston martin
    Riding around on bikes getting sweaty: sooooo uncool lyrca? on old blokes? no thanks, gay much?

rewski
    Free Member

you work in a boring office sat at a P.C.

I’m at home working on my MacBook Pro drawing with a Wacom Intuos 4, whilst doing a live mix on Native Instruments Tractor DJ on my iMac.

Apple + Wacom + NI = Cool

mogrim

I’m at home working on my MacBook Pro drawing with a Wacom Intuos 4, whilst doing a live mix on Native Instruments Tractor DJ on my iMac.
    Apple + Wacom + NI = Cool

Trying too hard, not cool.

rewski
    Free Member

Trying too hard, not cool

Did I over do it? 😥

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m at home working on my MacBook Pro drawing with a Wacom Intuos 4, whilst doing a live mix on Native Instruments Tractor DJ on my iMac

im only using an intuos3 but it is a4, and i’m using an eizo grading on finalcutpro-X for a trendy coffee bar viral is that cool? or do i have to use colourista and be sitting in soho not tooting?

rewski
    Free Member

tooting cool – not heard of eizo – more of a magic bullet man in after effects

iDave
    Free Member

I’m at home with an espresso, and a macbook, listening to bangin’ choons, doing whatever the **** I want*

*just finished tidying up, doing the dishes, dusting and hoovering for MrsiDave imminent arrival

I_Ache
    Free Member

Erm, office yes, boring not really, PC yes. But does the fact that I’m clearly deeply uncool (you dont know the half of it) mean that Nike 6.0s are uncool because I own some or do the users/owners of products not count towards the products coolness? BTW I took the pic on my iPhone so you can put apple in the same boat as Nike. Oh and I’m using Google Chrome as my browser. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

iDave, also trying too hard.

DezB
    Free Member

Hung up on brand names? Surely the epitome of uncool.

Cool kids at the skate park where I take my boy (these kids are so cool they wear woolly hats with ear flaps in the summer, man) have BMXs without brand names on them. Cool bikes for cool kidz, I reckon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When I see a fit girl riding a dutch bike, I think she’s cool 🙂

aP
    Free Member

So, no coolhunters on STW today then?

camo16
    Free Member

Random observation:

Just saw a flash geezer wearing flash shades get into his flash soft-top and flashily press the button that removes the flashy roof… only to get stuck in city centre traffic and try way too hard to hide his frustration under a cloak of über cool.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I spend a lot of time at skate parks actually skating…. bloody BMXers should stick to dirt jumps! If I could ride anywhere and build my own ramps etc out of dirt there is no way I’d be riding a skate park. thats uncool.

DezB
    Free Member

😆 – well they’re cooler than the scooterists (eg. my son!) and the inline skaters 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

damn straight they are! scooterists should be banned. Inline skaters have no idea how to use parks and always stand on top of blocks or in the run outs from stuff… At least BMXers have the courtesy to start from similar places in the park and look out for people already dropped in. so I guess they are not ALL bad 😉

Haze

brassneck

You are Nathan Barley and I claim my £5

Haze – agreed. Always rode Gullwing, but Indy definitely cooler.

rewski
    Free Member

Totally Mexico my friend – 5 Kubriks are yours to collect from my Surrey Hills Media Hub! Nath x

passtherizla
    Free Member

never ride anything other than Indy’s anymore stage 10 149 are the nuts. never a fan of gullwings.

Indys, Anti Hero 8.25 or wider, reds, Jessop tape, shorty’s mounting hardware (if you find it) and Bones SPF wheels… lush.

I love skateboarding… any other skaters about?

brassneck

Just waiting for the eldest to grow a bit and show a bit more interest so I can err.. supervise on the local mini ramp. Found I can still kickflip 2/3 times, and heelflip to amateur vasectomy the other day 😯

rewski
    Free Member

Sometimes I’ll have a play on my Zoo York

DezB
    Free Member

The wheels on my skateboard:

🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

Just waiting for the eldest to grow a bit and show a bit more interest so I can err.. supervise on the local mini ramp. Found I can still kickflip 2/3 times, and heelflip to amateur vasectomy the other day

if you’re ever near brum I have the keys to a mini ramp, that belongs to the local skate shop… 19 years of loyalty has its rewards.

DezB
    Free Member

Bit before your time eh?

Haze

Ideal?

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t know if this is cool.. or even a good deck.. but we have one on our sitting room wall because it looks nice..

I haven’t skated since the 80s cos I’m not cool..

grum
    Free Member

Just waiting for the eldest to grow a bit and show a bit more interest so I can err.. supervise on the local mini ramp.

Used to have an amazing 5ft high mini ramp with a spine to a 4 ft mini ramp in our garden that my dad and brother built. All rotted away now sadly. Will try and find some pics of it one day.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cool seems to me to be all about a state of mind.

Well loved ancient Moto Guzzi = Cool – Brand new Harley Davidson = Ha
    Aston Martins = Not cool – Person who can afford Aston Martin Driving a battered runabout = cool
    Person making good music without any commercial consideration = cool
    Person making formula music to make money = Not cool.

I’m not too sure theres that much cool stuff around anymore the marketing bods get their filthy mitts on everything and befoul it.

And so on and so forth.

finbar
    Free Member

Can i wade in? Cool is fluid and relative. What i think is cool is not what you think is cool. Anyone who thinks their version of cool isn’t cool (see: all the angst on this thread about 21 year olds’ opinions) obviously isn’t cool.

Having said all that, if i had to pin down a moderately(but not too) popular version i’d go for things with a woodsy, unbranded, ethical vibe. Makr. Bestmadeco. Foraging for fruit in the woods.

yunki
    Free Member

i’d go for things with a woodsy, unbranded, ethical vibe. Makr. Bestmadeco. Foraging for fruit in the woods.

deeply uncool

finbar
    Free Member

I think it’s cool, therefore it’s cool. You can disagree, and that’s cool too.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Not cool man, not cool:

Ice cold:

Not cool man, not cool:

Ice cold:

PS. Skateboarding is not cool unless you’re like 13 or something

yunki
    Free Member

cool man.. I’m cool with that.. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Cool brands.’ is closed to new replies.