Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Conwy Area Parking for a Week
  • ricko1984
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m doing the Welsh coast to coast later on this week, so will need a good location near Llandudno/ Conwy to dump my car for a week.

Any suggestions, I was thinking one of the parking areas up near Sychnant pass?

One final thing, do I leave a note in the window saying when I will be back or will this just invite theft?

Last time I didn’t leave a note I had the police call about an abandoned car 😂

reluctantjumper

I’d personally not just leave the car somewhere remote, could cause all sort of issues like vandalism, theft or even someone reporting it and a search party being sent out for a missing walker (has happened!). Have a look on the websites that ;et you rent out someone’s drive for a few days in the area, it’s what I did for my SDW ride and it was great knowing the car would be exactly where I left it and secure meaning I could leave stuff in the boot without worrying. Another option is to find a friendly pub or hotel that would let you park there for your trip for a small fee.

mwe2
    Free Member

Will check with my folks this evening and see if they have space on the drive

Stainypants

I’d park in Llandudno on the street, given its a tourist town with lots of folk staying in BBs for a week at a time a car parked up wouldn’t look out of place. Try church walks. my mate has a house near there and we park there with no problems

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3255017,-3.8376593,18.17z

chakaping
    Free Member

I only know Llandudno from holidays there, but I can think of a couple of suitable spots.

There’s unrestricted parking which wouldn’t bother residents at the West Shore, and I think also at Penrhyn Bay.

Locals can advise better though.

ricko1984
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips guys, will have a look around in Llandudno I think.

Quicker to get to the start!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Conwy Area Parking for a Week’ is closed to new replies.