Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Converting Van from Diesel to Electric
  • ElVino

Boss has decided he would quite like (at least) one of our delivery fleet to be converted to electric, Van in question is a small transit – the one that is the same size as a Galaxy MPVand operates in Central London – EC/WC post codes only.

Anyone know anything about this? Recommended suppliers, waste of time just trade in and buy a hybrid / electric from new? Any grants or savings to be made beyond obvious Congestion Charge and Fuel.

richmars

Trade it in and buy what you want.
    Not worth trying to do it yourself.

squirrelking
    Free Member

£hideous

Buy new.

matt303uk

As others have said, just look at buying/leasing something new like a Nissan eNV200 or something from Renault, a conversion would be either expensive or rubbish, most likely both.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t help much. There was a episode of ‘Wheeler Dealers’ when they converted a car to EV, but it was a pretty expensive and complex process – also US based I think.

I can’t help but think sell and buy new would be the better option – I mean it’s terrible for the environment, building a new vehicle whatever the power train uses HUGE amounts of energy and resources so you’d be doing the planet more of a favour by keeping the existing one and maintaining to last an extra few years before it has to be scraped – but that doth butter no parsnips I suppose.

ElVino

Thanks guys _ will speak to local Nissan dealer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Converting Van from Diesel to Electric’ is closed to new replies.