Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Converting canyon nerve am to 2 x 10
  • williams
    Free Member

Hi all,

As above thinking of changing to a 2 x 10 setup with a 26 and 39. But I can’t seem to find anywhere selling the SRAM chainrings. Thought I’d see if I can just change the granny for the 26 and the middle for the 39 and remove the large ring and get the SRAM bash. Has anyone done this already and if so where did the parts come from.

Simon

williams
    Free Member

Bump

williams
    Free Member

I guess no one has thought of doing this then.

Simon

Scapegoat

I built one up with XT 785 38/26. Needs a specific E type front mech though. Oh, and a Shimano XT M785 chainset…….

williams
    Free Member

Thanks scapegoat. I’ll haves look at that, I was hoping to keep it all SRAM if I can

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I have been considering doing this to my Nerve XC (SRAM X0) but have no useful information to give you unfortunately. I came into this thread hoping there would be some 🙂

kevj
    Free Member

Have you considered other make chainrings?

I converted my triple to 28/38 and opted for TA chinook rings. They do a bash guard too but its nearly fifty notes.

karl1824
    Free Member

Not at home at the mo so can not check but sure there is a short article about changing from 3×9/10 to 2×10 in July’s MBR magazine. will have to check later.

williams
    Free Member

Kevj,

Don’t mind a dIfferent make of chain ring just wanted to try and keep my crank at the mo. I know SRAM do he chainrings just can’t find them anywhere.

cruzer
    Free Member

Let me see if ive got this right…you are currently running a 3 ring set up and want to switch to 2?

Theres 2 ways you can do this.

First one is you can buy aftermarket chainring (ta do some nice ones), however you may have chainstay clearance probs running such a big granny ring. But you may be lucky, unfortunately its going to be one of those suck it and see moments. Unfortunately sram dont make chainrings to fit your cranks that have the ratios you want. A standard 3 ring crank runs pcds of 64 & 104, where as srams double cranks run about an 88mm pcd so they wont fit. This leads me on to the second suggestion…

Simpliest way round this is to sell your current crankset and buy a specific 2 ring set up. Unless you go for a stupidly expensive set of cranks you should be more in pocket than what you would have been buying new chainrings (if you take away what you sell your current ones for). You shouldnt need to chain your front mech, only adjest the limit screws. I run a 970 xtr (3-speed) front mech on a specific double rng set up (not converted from a 3 ring) so i know it can be done and works.

Well i hope that helps 🙂

williams
    Free Member

Thanks cruzer,

Looks like i’ll bite the bullet and get a specific 2 ring set up. I need a new BB also so my be a cheaper way to get what I wont anyway.

Thanks

Simon

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Is removing the large chain ring and replacing it with a bash guard and just adjusting the limit screws considered silly? I never use the large ring and I have broken a couple of teeth on it so its a bit annoying.
    SRAM X0 22-33-44 is it even possible?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Converting canyon nerve am to 2 x 10’ is closed to new replies.