Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Conversion – 650b as rear – what frame?
  • Earl
    Free Member

I’ve got a 650b rear wheel so looking for a cheap frame I can fit it into. Will end up with a rigid up front and mainly be used for commuting.

So what fits?

Cheezpleez

C456

LoCo
    Free Member

As Brant mentioned in the other thread it can make the handling a bit off due to the increase in height of the bb, the C456 it’s that low to start with either I think.
    My 26/650/29 conversion has a custom length shock and fork to cater for the extra height and get the bb down to a reasonable height.
    May not be an issue given it’s intended use and options with fork but worth bearing in mind all the same.

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks guys, mightbe a goer. I’ll put a 445mm fork on the front to help keep things down.

I’ll keep my eye out on the the classifieds.

dickie
    Free Member

There’s a list on 650bPalace website.

brant
    Free Member

Why not put it in a high BB’d short forked 29er instead?

Earl
    Free Member

Like what?

LoCo
    Free Member

Why not put it in a high BB’d short forked 29er instead?

I’m not entirly sure you’re taking this seriously 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/45650b

brant
    Free Member

I’m not entirly sure you’re taking this seriously

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/45650b

Personally, putting 650B with proper tyres into a 29er frame makes far more sense than putting 650B with small tyres into a 26in frame.

LoCo
    Free Member

I see your point, for decent size tyres, the OP was for commuting so assumed slicks or low profile.
    I’m also guessing there are more discounted 26″ frames about at the moment too.

Earl
    Free Member

Yep LoCo has guessed correctly – I’ve got a 650b crossmark 2.1 for the rear – 29er up front with a 445 rigid fork. 90% commuting unless I get distracted by the local trails on the way…

2.1 crossmark was the smallest I could find but it still fouls all the 26ers I’ve got at home – some by just a smudge.

Just read the 4560b thread and on one link. Thanks – not up for a new frame but will keep eyes pealed for a used one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Conversion – 650b as rear – what frame?’ is closed to new replies.