Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 552 total)
  • Controversial cycling opinions? Let’s hear ’em!
  • epicyclo

A bike without lugs is ugly

TiRed

It’s already been invented. There is nothing new.

TiRed

A few more:

Road cycling began before 2012.

Cyclocross really is just riding posh kit round a muddy field.

It’s not a race unless you pin a number on.

The drugs do work.

lucky7500

Being overbiked isn’t a real thing.

llama

Merino kit is not as good as synthetic

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Helmets aren’t magic forcefields. They’re polystyrene and plastic I hats impact tested to 12mph. Think. Look. Anticipate.

endomick
    Free Member

Everytime I see someone in a GMBN top I think, you could have got a Fox or Troy Lee one for roughly the same price.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I love it when some clot on here describes a FSer as a skills compensator, but in the next breath waxes lyrically about how his 29er rolls over everything so bloody well. 😂😂😂

endomick
    Free Member

Catlike helmets are disgusting, and make my skin crawl. Think its trypophobia.

RustySpanner

Coffee is disgusting.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Everytime I see someone in a GMBN top I think, you could have got a Fox or Troy Lee one for roughly the same price.

How is this controversial? It’s either false that a gmbm top costs more or less the same or it is false. I don’t get the controversy?

roverpig

Don’t buy grey bikes, life is quite grey enough.

Black and white are just shades of grey.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Cycling is a rubbish way of getting from A to B.

(That is why most of my rides are from A to A.)

endomick
    Free Member

Boost is bullshit and just the bike industry screwing us over, 150mm rear already existed so why the f@(k did we need 148mm, turns out 110mm width was right the first time with 20mm, so why did they make 15mm 100mm wide.
    20mm boost is the ultimate pisstake, why didn’t they do it that way in the beginning.

kiksy
    Free Member

A Transit is just as good as a Transporter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bikepacking is just touring with a marketing budget.

endomick
    Free Member

The brick, isn’t this supposed to be a non judgemental post, your pedantic snidiness is hardly in the spirit. Grow up killjoy.

tenfoot

26” ain’t dead.

bigginge

Mountain biking in England seems to be taking on the business model preferred by the golf industry. In many (or less) years from now we will have as many small trail centres/bike parks with bike shops and cafes attached as there are golf courses, golf shops and club houses now.

robo89
    Free Member

Well put endomick, there’s always one.

feed

Merino kit is pure sh*te.

Cold in the winter, warm in the summer. It may wick slightly better than ordinary wool but who the hell wears ordinary wool kit anymore? Nobody ’cause it’s sh*te too. But only slightly more sh*te than Merino.

stompy

For the average STW member, the larger the cumulative value of the total number of bikes owned the more they sit on this forum compared to actually riding said bikes.

epicyclo

Gears and suspension are for the old and frail.

epicyclo

Stompy
    For the average STW member, the larger the cumulative value of the total number of bikes owned the more they sit on this forum compared to actually riding said bikes.

Ooh, that stung. 🙂

robo89
    Free Member

Fat bikes are for snow or the desert.

Poopscoop

A trail designed purely for a rider to use as a fairground ride is not what mountain biking is really about. Trails formed over hundreds or even thousands of years are the only true mountain biking.

27.5 is virtually dead.

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fat bikes are for folk that are slow as **** and need something to blame snow or the desert.

FTFY

stewartc
    Free Member

When out riding you can tell a lot about a person when you first meet just by their choice of components and attire

sirromj

I wouldn’t want crowds of cyclists meeting daily outside my front door either.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Gravel bikes make loads of sense, in the north Americases. Here they are the tartan zip up slippers of bicycles.

Trail centres rock.

Arguing on the internet is not going to change policy on anything ever.

mattyfez

I have no problem with QR hubs/wheels. Can’t see the point in big axles.
    Change my mind.

icarus
    Free Member

Team Sky or whatever they are called this week have been at it from the get go and when they are finally exposed they will make Lance Armstrong look like mother Teresa!

Poopscoop

Quite cathartic this eh? With the lack of the usual biting back?😆

greenskin
    Free Member

CX is for people who are shit roadies but too wet to try MTB. Enduro is where mediocre DHers go to die. Roadies are belters.

SaxonRider

1. The Rules are real and vaguely matter.

2. eBikes are fine if they have flat bars. Otherwise they’re just cheating.

LAT

Merino kit is not as good as synthetic

that’s not controversial, it’s true. Marino is awful. Where else in your bike would you choose a heavier, worse performing and less robust alternative for more money? Especially in a damp climate!

submarined
    Free Member

Old bikes are not retro, pure, simpler, more raw, etc, they’re just more shit. Modern bikes are just way more fun. (Mostly because they are way more flattering, but none of us like to admit that)

bobbyspangles

It’s ok to be a bike snob

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cycling as activity is getting “better”.
    No it isn’t , there are too many people. In the good old days you could go out all day and never see a bikie. The woods weren’t trashed by people who want to leave their little urban ghettos , go to the countryside and recreate their little urban BMX parks. Vast car parks weren’t there draining vast numbers of environmental polluters. You could walk all day and not see a tyre track let alone a maze of them .
    The cycling world wasn’t full of self labelled rebels all wearing the same uniform.
    Cyclists were clever enough to work more than one derailleur at the same time and didn’t need suspension and electric engines to compensate for lack of talent or fitness. They had enough fitness to use gears that work properly.
    Cyclists didn’t spend a fortune on junk food or over priced coffee.
    A silly bit of paper doesn’t mean that you are able to teach and who the hell needs to be taught to ie a bike in the woods. Your dad does that on day one.
    A bike was for life, all you did was stick on a new tub occasionally and clean all 5 sprockets on the block.:)

crazy-legs

Shimano Dual Control (flappy paddle) shifters were great but Shimano did mess up with the reverse rear mech; they worked best when combined with a normal rear mech.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 552 total)

The topic ‘Controversial cycling opinions? Let’s hear ’em!’ is closed to new replies.