Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Contour or GoPro?
  • northernmatt

Specifically the GoPro Hero or a Contour Roam 2. Not a lot in it price wise and I’m too much of a luddite to notice any difference in the specs of them.

I know the GoPro will be good for chest mount where the Contour won’t but I’m not too fussed about that to be honest. It’ll probably just be helmet cam for mtb and bar mount for commuting. Contour comes with a 4gb card but I’d be buying one or two 32gb ones anyway.

Anyone used both?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Which go pro model are we discussing?

northernmatt

The £100 one.

bails

The Contour is better for helmet mounting but I’ve gone from an original contour (died after about 5 years faithful service) to a GoPro 4 fitted to this: http://www.premier-ink.co.uk/photographic/general-accessories/peak-design-capture-20-camera-clip-system-with-pov-kit-p-8134.html
    And I’m very impressed with it. Not cheap though.

northernmatt

Anyone else before this drops off the front page?

poonprice
    Free Member

I’d go with the GoPro, had a contour and found its mount system limiting. You can attach the GoPro to pretty much anything now.

bails

The GoPro is also much smaller than I expected. The front profile of it isn’t really much more than my old contour, so it’s probably not that bad a choice for helmet mounting tbh, certainly not like putting a ‘proper’ compact camera on your head as I initially thought it would be.

nach
    Free Member

Contour: Better usability than GoPro, can’t get much simpler than a big sliding switch. Limited viewing angle for 1080p, which can only be shot at 135º rather than 170º.

GoPro: Better quality footage than Contour, more flexible mounting options.

I see you have a P. Camera grouptest in issue 94.

northernmatt

Ended up sacking them both off and ordering an SJ4000 of Amazon along with what seems like a small warehouse full of accessories all for less than the price of the Go Pro.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Contour or GoPro?’ is closed to new replies.