Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Continental X-King Racesport
  • antares
    Free Member

Fitting some new tyres this morning, pinging on to the rim nicely and then at 40psi quite a big ping………and this 🙁

[/url] X king by Jeevester, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] X king by Jeevester, on Flickr[/img]

BearBack
    Free Member

You might need to check your pressure gauge. My lezyne CNC floor pump says 20psi.. connect my other pump and it reads closer to 40… So 40psi on my lezyne might be substantially higher than that!

jonba
    Free Member

looks like a manufacturing defect. Take them back.

I’ve got tyres with sidewalls that look like that but they are 18 months old.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ratherbeintobago

Back to the shop with those.

FWIW I’ve got a pair of ProTection MK2’s which have been absolutely fine at those sort of pressures, but they do have stronger sidewalls.

nixon
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of X King Racesports set up tubeless, and haven’t had any such problems with similar pressures, so I’d also hazard manufacturing defect. Bit of a pain though 🙁

MSP

Looks like a manufacturing defect to me. However IMO racesport are for racing only and not durable enough for general week in week out riding.

antares
    Free Member

Spose I just got unlucky. Bought 2 and the other ones fine (so far). More of an inconvenience really, bought from ze Germans so probably looking at least a 10 day turnaround for a new tyre and missed out on a ride today. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Continental X-King Racesport’ is closed to new replies.