Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Continental Vertical Only £10 review
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Wiggle are selling Continental Vertical 26,2.3 tyres for only ten pounds.Tempted to get some,they have got cracking reviews on wiggle website but im a bit sceptical of bike store customer reviews.Has anyone had any and if so what are they like because if there not very good id prefer just to pay ten to 15 quid more for a quality tyre like a high roller.

tomaso
    Free Member

Standard one IMO are ok but the black chili ones are quite different.

lunge

They’re OK and nothing more IMO, they’re also very different in how they handle to a High Roller.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegman67

I have been using them for 3 years and found them bomb proof. Used them in the alps,this years Puffer 24 and midweek rides on my HT,just like to point out that I am 18stone and have only had a handful of flats with them on.

Northwind

That’s a pretty hard compound one in the sale, from the looks of it… OEM-spec? Conti make some pretty crappy tyres for OEM and I wouldn’t pay £10 for the ones I’ve used, but can’t say these will definitely be the same…

devs
    Free Member

You couldn’t pay me to ride on them. Great tyres that suddenly wash out for no reason with no warning. There’s only so many times this can happen before you decide to save your own teeth and limbs and get rid of the feckers. I hear good things about black chilli but until Shwalbe and Maxxis start pumping out absolute crap Conti will not get another penny of mine. I hacked mine up and chucked them just to make sure I was never tempted to put them on again!

Vinnyc
    Free Member

I hated the set I had, washed out badly. Rubbish in the dry and rubbish in the wet

supertacky
    Free Member

Incredibly unpredictable. Okay in the dry. But they give up quicker than the French in damp conditions and are lethal in the wet on hard.
    On the other hand I’ve found Barrons to be excellent!

mogrim

How things change, they used to be the standard “go-to” tyre on here!

proflexforever
    Free Member

I love the Verticals…when paired up with a gravity .
    I Have the PROtection kevlar ones not the wire ones though

ive run them one a few bikes..
    not so good on wet rocks but mud/loose soil/even snow there a good alrounder
    just got a set of trailstar/pacestar Hans Dampf tyres other wise i would still be running them…BOOOM

Zedsdead
    Free Member

How things change, they used to be the standard “go-to” tyre on here!

It was conti vert pro’s

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Continental Vertical Only £10 review’ is closed to new replies.