Continental Rubber Queen 2.2 UST Black Chili

Home Forum Bike Forum Continental Rubber Queen 2.2 UST Black Chili

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Continental Rubber Queen 2.2 UST Black Chili
  • I’m going to spoil the love in. I think the RQs let go far too easily in the corners. Yes, they’re predictable but drift when other tyres would still be holding a line. Drifting’s fun but you lose speed, especialy in some corners and it can leave you on the wrong line.

rlawrie23

Im possibly a bit biased seen as I spent the last hour repairing and fitting a 2.2 ust black chilli on my crossmax. I cant say im impressed with the durability seen as it suffered a large hole in the sidewall when pushing up a hill.
    Secondly the grip is nowhere near what I expected, I run a bontrager xr4 TLR on the front and its not much slower and the grip is in a whole different league on all surfaces.
    Nightmare to set up tubeless too.
    It does roll quick and will roll over anything but don’t think I’ll be buying another.

chrismac

I thought I would join in the lovefest for the RQ. I have 2.2 RQ up front and mountain king on the back of my trail bike. My girl friend refuses to ride anything without her RQ’s on both ends. Seem to grip well, roll well and last. The mountain king can be a bit slippy in the wet I feel

rj

I’m also running a 2.2 UST RQ on the back and an XR4 on the front. I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by the RQ, bit too drifty for my taste and doesn’t have the grip over roots, etc that the XR4 does. If Anyone wants to swap a 2.35 XR4 team for a 6 week old RQ, I’d be open to offers.

Is that this XR4 (new): http://media.bontrager.com/images/category/470×310/BT11_Category_Hero_Tires.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

or this XR4 (old): http://direct.coresites.mporatrons.com/dirt/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bontrager.jpg%5B/IMG%5D
    ?

I had the latter 2.2 Team Issue TLR front and rear, changed to a RQ 2.2 BC UST front and an X-King 2.4 BC Protection rear. Loving the fast drifty rear, sticky confidence inspiring front.

I’m more and more convinced that so much of tyre likes/dislikes are dependant on how you ride. I don’t think the Rubber Queen seriously grips laterally until it’s well leant over. However if you don’t get it onto the side knobs it’s quite kindly in its drifting, not as scary as a High Roller. Crank it over and it rails corners far harder than my old XR4s, which were excellent until the cornering forces got properly high and then I’d feel the side knobs bend over and the tyre start crawling/drifting into understeer.

rj
    vorlich

So are RQ BC recommend on the rear?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Continental Rubber Queen 2.2 UST Black Chili’ is closed to new replies.