Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Conti Trail Kings – OK to run tubeless?
  • AlasdairMc

As you might have seen from my other thread, I’ve got a new El Mariachi. The bike came with Stans Rivals (Crests with eyelets) and 2.2 Trail Kings. I’ve not checked whether they’re steel or folding beads, but the sidewalls seem relatively thin.

Has anyone attempted to run them tubeless or are they too flimsy/cheap/rubbish for that? They’re not labelled as tubeless ready or similar, but that doesn’t seem to stop people.

Thanks

29erKeith
    Free Member

I ran Conti MK black chillis tubeless on 355’s with no probs

frogstomp

If they’re anything like the X-Kings and Mountain Kings they’ll need a fair amount of sloshing around before they seal properly (quite porous), but after that they’ll be fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tmb467
    Free Member

its a Rubber Queen in disguise

if its not black chili (or made in India) then its the wire bead one without the sidewall protection. I’m running em now with tubes and they’re ok (for a cheap tyre)

Cant see the lack of serious sidewall protection being an issue if you’re running tubeless and not in too rocky an area – please tell us how they run as it might save me a few quid

Northwind

My black chili ones leaked for ages, they needed reinflated mid ride for a while. Think I may have patched some holes too. But otherwise fine- tbh I didn’t think they would be, the sidewalls felt about as thick as a sausage skin but they stood up fine.

johnnystorm

My BiL has an El Mar with these. Went up ok but needed a lot of goop wnd shaking (as noted above) to retain air.

The wire race kings on my Fargo went up and sealed straightway though….

AlasdairMc

Thanks for the advice all. I’ve got a pint of Stans so I’ll give it a go and see how well they work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Conti Trail Kings – OK to run tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.