Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Conti Mountain Kings II pressure.
  • widge34
    Free Member

I’ve just purchased a pair of Conti Mountain Kings II protection, Black Chilli compound. Hopefully will have them tomorrow.
    Continental recommend a tyre pressure of 50psi. Is this the optimal pressure for the chilli compound to work?
    I use run my High Rollers and Bonty Mud x at 30-35psi.

highclimber
    Free Member

50 sounds high! at least you’ll not easily get a pinch flat!

widge34
    Free Member

highclimber – Member
    50 sounds high! at least you’ll not easily get a pinch flat!

POSTED 46 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeah that’s what I thought. Must be a reason why tyre manufacturers recommend these pressures though.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I run my Conti MK ll tubeless at 40psi quite happy with that giving me plenty of grip.

widge34
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    I run my Conti MK ll tubeless at 40psi quite happy with that giving me plenty of grip.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Have you tried them at 50psi or any other pressure?

jedi

35-40 for me

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Have you tried them at 50psi or any other pressure?

No because I hired a Trek Remedy when I went to Glentres and wiped out 100 meters down the first bit of singletrack broke my clavicle and buckled the wheel. During the post crash analysis and bike inspection the tyre pressure was found to be on the Bonti tyres 50psi so not a pressure I’m comfortable with 😆

skywalker
    Free Member

Depending on how much stored energy you have, 25-30 PSI is plenty!

dantsw13

I had MK 2 on my old bike, I’m pretty sure 50psi was the max pressure, not the reccommended norm. I ran them tubeless at about 28psi from memory. Much draggier than my new Nobby Nic Evos for similar grip though. I still run the X-King pro tubeless for the summer though, and love it!

widge34
    Free Member

Max psi is 65.

batman11
    Free Member

I’m running around 28psi off an Oxford pressure gauge work good for me in the dry but pretty poor wet performance on the south downs and Wales trail centres on the whole.
    Bats.

widge34
    Free Member

Well, the Contis have arrived and are now on the bike. Mounted reasonably easy onto the crest rims, and for now I have 38psi in the rear and 35 in the front. Will give them a go on the trails Friday evening and see how they are.
    For anyone interested I accurately measured them and both the 2.2 and 2.4 come up true to size.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Conti Mountain Kings II pressure.’ is closed to new replies.