Conti. Mnt.Q 2.4" fit DT XCAM fork?

Home Forum Bike Forum Conti. Mnt.Q 2.4" fit DT XCAM fork?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Conti. Mnt.Q 2.4" fit DT XCAM fork?
  • Would depend slightly on the rim profile as well.

Rubber Queens (I assume this was what you meant!) are big tyres, really big. But they are also really very good indeed! Apart from the name, of course, which is rubbish. But funny. Especially if you do a google image search for them…. (Don't if you're at work, by the way!)

ChunkyMTB

Not a lot of room left with RQ 2.4's in my Lyriks

Premier Icon johnikgriff
    Subscriber

I run them on my Lyriks and as Chunky says not much room, but okay, but…….. My mate want a set so bad he got them for his Enduro with E150 forks and they do fit that as well. But very very close, wouldn't like to get any mud on them.

tangent

Ah good to hear…
    Is the name some to do with the German sense of humour

Will running em' on a Mavic 717CD

I know that there's a 2.2" model also , but my undertanding is that these do not have the lack the "Black Chilli" compound.

Premier Icon johnikgriff
    Subscriber

yep 2.2 no black chilli, due to be avaalible in 2010 I read somewhere

tangent

johnikgriff, are E150 forks the long travel DTSwiss forks?
    If so am good to go 😀 … according to the specs the models have the same tyre clearances. 8)

tangent

Anbody run a Continental Mnt. Queen 2.4" tyre on a DT Swiss XCAM fork?

Do they fit OK?

I compared them on another bike side by side, and the fit looked OK but I just realised I hadnt actually considered the suspension travel.
    Have run a 2.3" Speed King OK.

Any experiences of this fork / tyre combo?

ta

Premier Icon johnikgriff
    Subscriber

No the specalized own brand triple clamp ones, but they have the least clearance I have ever seen on an "all mountain" fork. This isn't his by the way.

Premier Icon jamesgarbett
    Subscriber

A 2.4" RQ on a 717 rim?!

Premier Icon timmys
    Subscriber

The 2.2's with Black Chilli seem to be available now:

http://www.velokit.co.uk/cart_productdetails.asp?PRODUCTID=3405

I ordered some 2.2's from that page on Friday and I'm sure the Black Chilli versions weren't available then! 🙁

2.5 conti diesels just about fit on a 41 fighter, which I would imagine is identical.

tangent

The good to hear FunkMonkey :D…and if it doesn't work out they don't they can go on my rigid forks

tangent

for jamesgarbett's interest / amusuement pic of current set up 😆

the 717 rim is least of my current equipment concerns!…

Premier Icon runswithscissors
    Subscriber

2.4 Mountain Kings on dt swiss 130 fork (Crosstrail rims) on my Rocky ETSX, no clearance probs here…..great tyres also, might give the rubber queens a try next tho

johnikgriff, I run a 2.4" RQ on an E150. Yes, it's close, but with the holes atop the fork brace, I've yet to have any problems. Mud just squeezes through the holes, rather than backing up on the brace.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Conti. Mnt.Q 2.4" fit DT XCAM fork?’ is closed to new replies.