Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Conti gatorskin alternatives
  • marco
    Free Member

As above really
    Any alternatives to a good all round/wet weather tyre thats a bit cheaper than £45 pair?
    Dnt want to spend more than £30 really
    Cheers

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

I’ve found the grand prix tyres awful in the wet and punctured easily. the gatorskin hardshells have been a lot better and if you want a 23c then the vredestein fortezza Quattro is awesome.

Ben_H

I’ve done thousands of trouble-free miles on Conti Grand Prix 4 Seasons (700 x 28c), after many years of Gatorskins.

tomaso
    Free Member

How wide or narrow?

Touring styles Vitoria Randonneur are great

velocipede
    Free Member

I reckon you’re better off spending the extra…they are that good!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Specialized all condition or schwalbe durano. The spesh armadillo are bomb proof if heavy.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

I have 26″ gatorskins for sale? £20 if picked up?

scratch
    Free Member

I use Gators now but before that had many trouble free years on Bonty racelights – lots of glassy cyclepath commutes

marco
    Free Member

fasternotfatter
    What condition are they?
    Are they 700c size & where are you?
    Would you post for £5?

damascus
    Free Member

You can get them for 20 quid each if you shop about. They are worth an extra Tenner

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Gatorskins are shiiiiiit. Maxxis Refuse are far better.

federalski
    Free Member

Been tempted by Conti travel contacts.
    Anyone tried them, thoughts?

Edric64
    Free Member

I have had Gator and Dura skins for years but the back one is now old and seems to have gone hard so it lacks grip ,time for new tyres.They rarely puncture so I will get them again

tomkerton
    Free Member

Umop3 genuine question from a roady newbie – why are they shit? I’ve only heard good things about gator skins and GP 4 seasons.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

They are not 700c sorry!

calumf50
    Free Member

I got a pair of folding 23c gatorskin tyres from halfrauds as a bundle deal for £38 last weekend (in their weekend sale). Its £42.50 at the moment, you could search for a promo code?

aP
    Free Member

For the last 2 years I’ve commuted about 6,500 miles a year on GP4 Seasons. I reckon that at the moment they’re probably the best overall compromise between feel, grip, longevity and puncture resistance. They’re good in the wet. I won’t use Gatorskins as they’re awful with regards to wet weather grip and feel.

loddrik
    Free Member

Maxxis Xenith? Schwalbe Cityjet?

Selling a pair of each in 26″ btw…

tomkerton
    Free Member

Good enough recommendation for me aP, GP 4 seasons on order!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

@tomkerton 4 Seasons aren’t bad, but Gatorskins just feel horrible and sluggish, and grip very poorly. The standard ones aren’t even that puncture proof.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Cheers for info.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Conti gatorskin alternatives’ is closed to new replies.