Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conti CXSpeed cross tyres- opinions ?
  • iainc

I have these in 35c on my cx bike – they came with it. I had planned to change them to Small Block 8’s but actually quite like them – good on gravel, fireroad, tarmac, crap in mud. I don’t race.

anyone else got views on them ?

I also have some CXKings for the muddy stuff 🙂

iainc

oh well 🙂

Alex

Can’t help you there, but I really need something less lethal than the Schwalbe CX Pros I have on Boardman. Sketchy as whatsit on even mildly damp roads and not amazing off road.

I do 50/50 on road and off on that bike tho so 35mm might be a bit chunky.

Alb
    Free Member

The Speed Ride 42c (actually measures more like a 38c) are worth a look too. Exactly the same tread pattern at the CX Speed but with an added puncture protection strip and a reflex sidewall for commuter bonus points. Still come in pretty damn light mind.

yoda
    Free Member

Alex, cx pros are amazing on muddy grass, which suprisingly is what they’re designed for. They’re not a commuter tyre.

Try Maxxis mud wrestlers for a good all rounder.

jonba
    Free Member

What you found pretty much.

I did a fair amount of riding on them last year. Off road C2C, few gravel centuries around Kielder.

CX are pretty poor compared to 2.3″ mtb tyre so it is all relative. I survived well enough on Kielder red trails and they flew when it was smooth and hardpacked around the lake.

iainc

thanks all

househusband

The Speed Ride 42c (actually measures more like a 38c) are worth a look too. Exactly the same tread pattern at the CX Speed but with an added puncture protection strip and a reflex sidewall for commuter bonus points. Still come in pretty damn light mind.

Nice one, Alb!

MoreCashThanDash

My Arkrose came with Small Block 8s – great all round commuting tyre, but have been very puncture prone in recent months with all the twigs and thorns blowing about.

Thinking about going wild with Kenda Slants to replace them in the hope they will be more puncture proof

Alex

Alex, cx pros are amazing on muddy grass, which suprisingly is what they’re designed for. They’re not a commuter tyre.

Yeah I know. It’s all I could get when the originals that came with the bike had become slicks. I’d never let it happen on a mountain bike.

I shall hunt down some mud wrestlers then. I was looking at the Raze as well but after todays mud fest, anything with mud in the title is for me!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conti CXSpeed cross tyres- opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.