• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by dove1.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • contents and bike insurance.. who you with ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

just had this years quote and its gone up 33% from last year.
    so who are people using these days ?

bigyim
    Free Member

I’m with direct line but I have a discount with them as I work for one of their companies.
    That said, even if I didn’t get the discount I’d still be insured by them. The house insurance is really good and have been brilliant when I needed to claim for an emergency.
    Added on my bikes and was pleased with the price. Think any bikes are covered up to the value of 1k but then you have to add them as a separate item if they are over that value

Tracey

Pedalcover, not the cheapest but gives the cover we need on the bikes

thepurist

Just moved to pedal cover – they were cheaper than our renewal for better and more flexible cover.

colournoise

John Lewis.

slackalice
    Free Member

Admiral.

tthew

Halifax this year. Introductory discount and 50 quid cash back.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Pedalcover. Great cover, very reasonable pricing.

(Full disclosure – they sponsor my site geometrygeeks.bike… but I was using them before that anyway!)

singlespeedstu

Your tatty old bikes don’t need insuring.😛

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Aviva. Been with them 5 years and made a couple of claims for bike thefts in that time, always dealt with very well and no noticeable impact on premium.

MoreCashThanDash

With Aviva, haven’t looked at this year’s renewal yet though

CheesybeanZ

Just about to renew with Pedal Cover.

sofaking
    Free Member

same goes for you then Stu, but you have double the tat ! 🙂
    Cheesy, has your gone up as thats who we are with ?

CheesybeanZ

We’re in the process of moving house so I’m not 100% sure , the new place is smaller but has a very small flood risk which has but the premium up 🤔

sofaking
    Free Member

ok mate thanks. hope all is good in your world

crashrash

Could try Wesleyan – they won’t be on comparison sites but our insurance covers bikes up to £5k. New customer prices are good but watchout in year 2 as they go up a bit!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Aviva for me. I got the original limit roughly doubled to 4k for free. The bike has to be locked to an imoveable object to qualify.

MoreCashThanDash

£17.50 for my bike cover with Aviva on the renewal. Seem to remember it is based on the value of the most expensive bike – which as a former claims man sounds like lazy underwriting.

P20

Pedal cover. Bikes and outdoor covered when in the van

mulacs

Another pedalcover here, just switched last month.
    Great to talk to someone/a company who actually understood what was required.. Call them!!

dove1

bear-uk

Aviva for me. I got the original limit roughly doubled to 4k for free. The bike has to be locked to an imoveable object to qualify.

Also with Aviva. I checked and my insurance does not state that. It just says that the bikes have to be in a locked building.

EDIT: Just checked again and it says either securely locked to an object that cannot be moved or in a locked building.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘contents and bike insurance.. who you with ?’ is closed to new replies.