• This topic has 253 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mt.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 254 total)
  • Contador suspended 2 years
  • mogrim

Oh yes that Lab in Spain that was busted and linked to a lot of ‘top’ Spanish riders that the Spanish authorities didn’t follow up….

Patriotic bunch.

Well, there was this little detail that doping wasn’t a crime (it is now), which means the judges had no jurisdiction. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a decent conspiracy theory, eh?

wallace1492
    Free Member

warton – Member

From what I can gather Cancer makes people think about living not about cheating.

Can tou explain what that means, because it makes no sense to me

Plenty of doc’s that would surely spill the beans on supplying for a decent payday.

The doctors are more than well paid. Plus if they ‘spill the beans’ they get bans too, why would they do that?

For cash my dear boy, for cash… Might be well paid, but I am sure there would be one willing to “bust the myth” that is LA.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Am I correct in reading Contador had just a tiny trace of steroids, verging on undetectable ?

Along with plasticizers.

Blood transfusion with his own stored blood that he thought was clean but new more sensitive testing found the tiny trace is the likely explanation.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tagger
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the winners of this years tour and the olympics, how would you feel about winning when the best isn’t racing?

andyfla
    Free Member

If the “best” had just been done for doping, not a problem really

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am sure they will feel it is just an utter fraud to not be beaten to gold/yellow jersey by a drug cheat .

mogrim

Along with plasticizers.

Is that an official result?

Junkyard
    Free Member

why ask a question you know the answer to?
    re plasticizers- do you have another expanation for their presence?

mt
    Free Member

“Along with plasticizers”

There is no agreed test for the above, mainly because you you would be found positive if you’d wrapped your butties in cling film.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is no offical test or limit for plasticizers – its a test that is being developed and is awaiting accreditation. It is however apart of the case against contador thats why they wanted Ashendon to give evidence and why contadors team tried to block him

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10849/Report–WADA-lawyers-unhappy-with-Contador-CAS-hearing.aspx
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/segura-says-contador-plasticizer-levels-are-indicative-of-transfusion

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not true MT – above a certain level transfusion is the only explanation

mogrim

why ask a question you know the answer to?
    re plasticizers- do you have another expanation for their presence?

Because some people keep on bleating on about them, and Armstrong’s guilt, as if they were proven facts and not just newspaper reports.

epicyclo

TandemJeremy – Member
    Epicyclo – read my link above – thats pretty strong evidence…

It reads more like an interview to me.

It’s up to a court to decide if it’s credible evidence.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its one of the worlds top experts on doping giving a detailed analysis and his opinion. It certainly is strong evidence – a court would decide if it were proof.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mogrim – the plasticisers in Contadors blood being at a level that proves transfusion is a proven fact. Its not accredited for to use as a banning on its own but its a part of the evidence against him.

anyway – contador is now a proven drug cheat and rightly banned

warton
    Free Member

For cash my dear boy, for cash… Might be well paid, but I am sure there would be one willing to “bust the myth” that is LA.

Michelle Ferrari (who has been convicted) has had links with (from wikipedia):

All of team Gewiss-Ballan that took the entire podium in the 1994 edition of La Flèche Wallonne: Moreno Argentin, Giorgio Furlan and Eugeni Berzin
    Lance Armstrong
    Tyler Hamilton[5] : stated he worked with Ferrari for one year
    Paolo Savoldelli
    Mario Cipollini
    Gianni Bugno
    Giorgio Furlan
    Pavel Tonkov
    Cadel Evans
    Tony Rominger
    Abraham Olano
    Ivan Gotti
    Claudio Chiappucci
    Filippo Simeoni: admitted to doping
    Patrik Sinkewitz: suspended for positive out-of-competition test while preparing for 2007 Tour de France; admitted to doping
    Eddy Mazzoleni
    Floyd Landis: suspended for positive doping test at 2006 Tour de France; admitted to doping
    Levi Leipheimer
    Axel Merckx
    Alexandre Vinokourov: suspended for positive doping test at 2007 Tour de France
    Michael Rogers

Rumours (and thats all they are) put US postal payments to Ferrari at 15 million dollars.

thats for one rider / one team.

Any money he would get paid for busting LA would be peanuts copmpared to that, why bother? LA’s legal team would be all over him

mt
    Free Member

Best not use your camel back bladder to much, especially if you use sugary drinks. Puts more of the plastic into your system than water only. You sure tj, could that evidence be used in sports related drugs case. Correct, no is the answer.

Edit was spelling am trying to improve.

mogrim

Mogrim – the plasticisers in Contadors blood being at a level that proves transfusion is a proven fact.

Go on then, find me an official test, or even an official statement from an accredited lab – so far all you’ve posted are newspaper / website reports.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mt – only because it is not accredited and you do not get the same levels from ingestion as from injection. Really – rather than trying to rubbish what I say read up on it. this will be an accredited test in the next year or two and there will be a level set above which folk are banned.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8166/Plasticizer-test-inches-closer-to-being-validated.aspx

mt
    Free Member

mogrim – Member

Mogrim – the plasticisers in Contadors blood being at a level that proves transfusion is a proven fact.

Go on then, find me an official test, or even an official statement from an accredited lab – so far all you’ve posted are newspaper / website reports.

What mogrim said. The bugger is still guilty, though his steak could have been wrapped in clingfilm, liquidised and injected.

Edit was because I’m crap at writting.

tagger
    Free Member

You can tell from thepresence of plasticisers that he had a blood transfusion and the reason for the blood transfusion? I haven’t seen any cock and biull stories relating to the plasticisers, if thereare can you link. I haven’t read to much of this but I understand he said he got tthe meat from a butcher in Irun, and everyone says its a cock and bull story but there is no cock and bull story aboput the placticisers????

shedfull
    Free Member

We were just discussing this at work and wondering if he has to give the prize money back. As pro tour teams share the spoils amongst their entire staff, everybody would have to pay a bit back.

Also, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but here’s Andy Schleck’s response.

Blackhound

Meanwhile the ‘winner’ of the 2010 TdF, Andy Schleck has now been given the race but he did not get the chance to stand on the podium waving flowers etc. Probably lost out on some money as well, extra endorsements/crits etc but for people at this level it is not all about money. AC has cheated AS out of a big moment in his life.

mt
    Free Member

I have read about plasticisers and understand, but you cannot find him guilty if that evidence is not allowed by the tribunal. It’s as if it does not exist, just like the stuff on Armstrong.

Within no time there will be a plausable reason a high plasticiser in the blood after the first person is found positive on any new test.
    I go back to butties and clingfilm, camelbacks, water bottles and to many packes of crisps.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mt – it can be used as a part of the evidence that he transfused. It can be used in that context.

Those things you mention will not give a high reading in the same why as transfusing is my understanding of the testing hence it needs a threshold.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Store the blood in non plastic containers. No Platicisation.

jambalaya
    Free Member

TandemJ – thanks

A good friend of mine and mtb’er ran various drug testing programmes, the testers are always one step behind and always will be 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

Probably the easiest way to level the field is to just simply allow doping.

aracer
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the winners of this years tour and the olympics, how would you feel about winning when the best isn’t racing?

Where did you hear that Wiggins wasn’t racing?

Meanwhile the ‘winner’ of the 2010 TdF, Andy Schleck has now been given the race but he did not get the chance to stand on the podium waving flowers etc. Probably lost out on some money as well, extra endorsements/crits etc but for people at this level it is not all about money. AC has cheated AS out of a big moment in his life.

I feel sorry for Andy Schleck – but even more sorry for Michele Scarponi. He lost the chance to stand on top of the podium when AC shouldn’t even have been racing.

hora
    Free Member

This is the saddest part for me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He lost the chance to stand on top of the podium when AC shouldn’t even have been racing AND EVERYONE KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

Shameful the whole thing , given toatl liability and his pathetic excuse this was aalways bound to happen – lets hope DS and the Spanish spill the beans on their “favourite son”

NonStopNun
    Free Member

He was caught and banned thats fair enough but lets hope that they might now get round to taking Lance Armstrong to trail over it which they now can as the feds case againts him is closed.
    Untill the UCI president Pat McQuald is still in his post that will never happen as he doesnt want LA to be charged and run the risk of his tours wins being taken off him.
    I will say that the last multi TDF winner to win all his tours clean was Greg Lemond .
    Another bad point of todays verdict is that Andy Schleck ( whos father is very good friends with Pat McQuald) is now the winner of the 2010 TDF please he was only second because of the his team mate got every one to slow down and more of less soft pedal stages because he and his brother ( who has been found with a positive drug sample)fell off there bikes and without this help you could argue the time lost there is no way he would have been 2nd.

mt
    Free Member

tj – only mentioned the other plactic containers in jest, thought the bag of crisps was a give away.

Still maintain that a bit of plastic in the blood does not prove anything as long as it is not allowed to be used as evidence. It may soon be allowed but there will be alternatives. Can see it now reporters following cycle team staff to the bottle bank, was that a bottle of Newcastle Brown or Contador blood.

milkyman
    Free Member

i dont trust any of them, but i really dont care that much, i just like to watch the TDF, im never going to be in it and wouldnt want to be, but when I get home and turn on the telly i like to watch it

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I don’t think the TDF will miss Contador at all in fact make it more exciting IMO, don’t really like his riding style and the way he bobs about standing on the pedals. His team Boss Bjarne Riis was a drug cheat anyway so why is he allowed to manage a team is beyond me.

rOcKeTdOg
    tagger
    Free Member

The Panel concluded that booth the meat contamination scenario and the blood transfusion
    scenario were, in theory, posssible explanations for the adverse analytic cal findings, but were
    however equally unlikely. In n the Panel’s opinion, on the basis of the eevidence adduced, the
    presence of clenbuterol was s more likely caused by the ingestion of a contaminated food
    supplement.

Says TAS
    TAS says that thge blood transfusion is as much cock and bull as the comtaminated meat story. It appears they don’t have anyrhing except the contador admission of taking of a banned substance and no clear believable explanation. That knock the transfusion conspiraxcy on the head.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

one thing i’d like to know is does this mean alberto should be dis-credited for any previous wins?

i mean he won the tdf in 07 and 09 did he not? are we to believe he ‘suddenly’ started doping in 2010?? and if so why should he need to given he has won it before? surely this only aids the fact that he and mostly all the other top riders have found a sly and cunning way of cheating over the years? im sure if contador is guilty then the majority of the others are indeed enhancing there chances of staying within reaching distance of him???

i genuinely think its just a sport that will and has always had such a problem since doctors etc found a way of enhancing the riders bodies and managing to cover it up….

if hes been found guilty and stripped of his 2010 tdf win, what about all his other wins? maybe no proof sure, but in my mind he didnt suddenly become useless the folling year at the 2010 tdf and decided to enhance his body….

i think its pretty safe and fair to say that if he has won titles like his in his lifetime then hes been enhanced along the way not just suddenly in 2010….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tagger – thats not what its saying at all. They did not consider the evidence for the transfusion. 🙄 Contador managed to get he main witness and evidence not heard on this aspect.

on the basis of the eevidence adduced,

tagger
    Free Member

Perhaps you could explain to me what “The Panel concluded that both the meat contamination scenario and the blood transfusion
    scenario were, in theory, possible explanations for the adverse analytical findings, but were however equally unlikely.” means.
    to me its says that both the theory of transfusion and meat contanmination were possible they are both unlikely and that the clembuterol entered the bloodsteam in another way. Perhaps they didn’t consider the evidence because they, the experts, don’t consider it to be likely. if they did consider it likely they would of sent a message to others about blood transfusions.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Contador suspended 2 years’ is closed to new replies.