Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Contacting HMRC for a tax rebate, SOS
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

How can I contact HMRC for a tax rebate I have emailed them previously (can’t remember how unfortunately). It seems impossible, I don’t want to ring them and run up a huge phone bill… any suggestions on how I can contact them. Because I needed help with my P50 form.

Navigating their website is like any other government website, impenetrable.

I think I might’ve posted something similar on here before…sorry if I have couldn’t find it.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Just write to your local tax office, scribble “Rebates dept” at the top of the address. Include all relevant codes and whatnot, explain yourself clearly and divide everything into the appropriate tax-year, let them sort it out.

What you don’t do is give your details to one of these companies that advertise they make it easy to claim back your money, as they nothing more than the above and charge you something like 40p in the £ for their ‘work’.

meehaja
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve rang, I get through quite quickly?

igm

There’ll be an Apple app for that…

mikehopkins
    Free Member

There’ll be an Apple app for that…

if only lol

is http://www.inland-revenue.org.uk the correct website not http://www.hmrc.gov.uk?

ononeorange

Went through it last year, they 1) Fined me for not having done a return for the past couple of years and 2) Wanted me to do returns going back a while.

I contacted them initially by writing to them and enclosing various docs etc.

It was a painful and none-too-quick process, but I eventually got the return (which actually covered the cost of the fine!).

wrightyson
    Free Member

The mrs rang them and got thro pretty quick the other week, check was in the post a week later.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Contacting HMRC for a tax rebate, SOS’ is closed to new replies.