Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • consumer goods repair/rights advice
  • amedias
    Free Member

After a bit of advice on how best to approach this particular issue.

– Indesit Tumble dryer bought from a retailer ~3 years ago

– Original machine replaced as part of manufacturer recall 1 year 4 months ago (no interaction with retailer)

– Replacement machine has developed a fault

Have had local guy out to look and he said costly repair needed and advised we use Indesit fixed price repair option as will be cheaper than him doing it. I don’t think this is satisfactory quality to expect from an appliance of this type, it should last more than 16 months and IF we had bought it 16 months ago I’d be straight on to the retailer for repair or replace, but since the machine was replaced by the manufacturer and technically the purchase was over 3 years ago not sure what to do.

Our priority is to get a working machine ASAP as baby goes through a lot of clothes and current weather not conducive to line drying! Happy to pay for repair now and argue later but who should I be approaching for repair/replacement, retailer or manufacturer?

fossy

Guarantee sits with original purchase date unfortunately.

jonba
    Free Member

Sale of goods act might help. I know years ago we got a 50% refund off a fridge freezer that died in 5 years. There are industry guidelines on what is an expected lifetime for white goods. If your appliance falls well below this then it could be deemed faulty or not fit for purpose.

We wrote them a letter and it was sorted relatively pain free.

amedias
    Free Member

We wrote them a letter

Presumably you wrote to the retailer in your case? Do you think I should do the same or does the interim manufacturer recall replacement thing change the situation since technically the original retailer didn’t supply this machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘consumer goods repair/rights advice’ is closed to new replies.