Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Consulting the excel guru’s
  • rs
    Free Member

I think I want to do something simple, but can’t figure it out. I want an excel chart that shows a number for each “thing” for 5 different scenarios. the number will reflect the number of hours it takes to do something, it will be between 0 and about 20. The five scenarios should appear in the same row, for example:

thing 1 $ % & # @
    thing 2 $ % & # @
    x axis 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Things would be up the y axis, hours along the x axis. The idea being you look at thing 1 and see that the range of times varies from say 2 to 12, thing 2 varies from 1 to 13.

Anyone any ideas?

rs
    Free Member

spacing didn’t quite work out in my example above 🙁 $%&#@ represent the five scenarios that would be plotted in one row for each thing.

funkmasterp

Could you just make a table thing 1 = 5 etc and VLOOKUP against it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The excel guru’s what?

dissonance

Doesnt quite match but a funnel chart will roughly do the job.
    Or bodging it slightly a stacked bar chart where you change the lower values to blanks.

A Gantt chart (done as an add on) sort of matches but also sort of doesnt.

Superficial
    Free Member

If I have understood you correctly, I think for each “thing” you need a box for the minimum value of the cell range (“=max(b2:t2)”) and a box for the maximum value(“=min(b2:t2)”).

Then use those values as markers on a graph.

The excel guru’s what?

He was after excel guru’s not grammer nazi’s.

GTDave
    Free Member

Excel Box / Whisker plot will do that.
    https://www.contextures.com/excelboxplotchart.html

Probably overkill for your needs, but if I have the opportunity this morning, I’ll happily crank out a quick example.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Consulting the excel guru’s’ is closed to new replies.