Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Consider yourself lucky if you're not in work today
  • jekkyl

It’s going to be the hottest day of the year apparently, with temps over 20 degrees. BBQ evening then for some, bike rides in the woods for others 8) time to ask the boss if I can finish at lunchtime I think.

superfli
    Free Member

Good day for a wedding then – not mine, but I’ll be attending 😀

hjghg5
    Free Member

It’s my birthday and not only am I at work but I’ve got stupid amounts to do so no skiving off early…

The payback is that once I’m finished that’s it til 18 june!

trail_rat
    Free Member

im only in to make a claim to the SLC , the tax man , print off plane tickets…. if i can keep off here ill be done by 10 😀

+ 40 and 100% humidity on monday. wooo*

* Not as good as it sounds…..nigeria…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m working from home (cough) therefore will be hacking the trails hard and fast. I’ve then a leaving party at the Club to go to, one of my best buddies is leaving for Dubai and we intend to drink beer and throw shapes all evening.

Whooohooo…

bruneep

Bastidin hot, windy n dusty in Bahrain.

Drac

I’m on nights so I’ll try to make the most of it however my garden is a right mess so I need to tackle that.

sweepy
    Free Member

Happy b’day Hj, me too, 50 today 🙁

I’m off so im going to walk up ciste gully and snowboard back down, then a bike ride with the Mrs this afternoon. Then I’m cancelling my trampoline class to get drunk

OP- please tell me you meant Hottest day of the year so far

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Beautiful morning here…. first opportunity to ride into work for a few weeks. Lovely morning to be out for a ride.

jekkyl

Yes indeed Mr Sweepy, hottest day of the year so far, lets pray it’s not what I said. & happy birthday too, 50 years? you jammy devil, just 15 years till retirement!

langylad
    Free Member

Walk the dog by the river this morning, cricket match this afternoon, quiz and beer with friends this evening. Life does not get any better.

cheers_drive

No sign of it being the hottest day of the year in the Fens. Slate grey sky for the past 2 days and the fire on in the evening. Today is better – more like cool grey 2 on the magic marker scale – but no sun yet.
    If it does come out I’m clocking off earlier for a few hours on the road bike 😀

scaled
    Free Member

I was supposed to be working from home today, last day before holidays, desk was clear and I was on for a day of riding/taking my daughter swimming and maybe having a BBQ for lunch.

Then an RFI landed in my inbox and someone had actually used the ‘high importance’ setting in outlook.

Bastards.

I’m now in the office, but did get to ride in

bigyinn
    Free Member

Humph, finishing work early, but OH going out for 7. No ride for me FFS.

eskay

Half day, finishing at 11.30am and hope to get a couple of hours ride in.

Looks like it may rain here though (Bath).

anez247
    Free Member

Trail-rat, I had a nice time there last year, Is it your first visit? stay clear of the North, you should be fine 🙂

footflaps

I’m flying out there on Sunday, for a week running a training course in our office in Lagos!

Even better it’s one of the few places we’re allowed to fly Business Class to, so Virgin Upper Class here I come 🙂

anez247
    Free Member

@Footflaps, any chance I can Fit in your Luggage 🙂

warton
    Free Member

out of work at 3. I may extend the bike home (don’t tell my wife) then it’s a 5 minute walk to the beach from my house. paddling with Warton Junior tonight I think

footflaps

@Footflaps, any chance I can Fit in your Luggage

If you can fit in my hand luggage and are happy to be X-rayed then it’s fine by me 😉

globalti
    Free Member

It wont be that hot or humid. Where are you going? Lagos?

I’m flying out there on Sunday, for a week running a training course in our office in Lagos!

Same question. You’ll both have a ball, believe me. Don’t forget your yellow fever certificates though or you’ll be parting with cash at the airport.

legend
    Free Member

Meh, it’s turned cloudy here now

majorspaniel

Working one until 9 today! My bloody luck with the weather, luckily got a cheeky ride on the cross bike this morning tho so it’s all good

Dobbo

Another working from home, did a road loop over Winlatter – Buttermere – Newlands in the hot sun in my ‘lunch hour’.

Interesting watching all the RAF trainers dodging the para-gliders around Crummock Water. Lack of communication somewhere down the line.

jekkyl

My boss wouldn’t let me leave early but then he left because he had a half day booked in advance bahhh! so I’m here till 5.30 bahhhh. BUT out tonight and it doesn’t get proper dark till 10ish so plenty of time for some tomfoolery in the woods with my mate (on bikes, get your mind out the gutter) and this evenings Stella will be devoured in the beer garden, hoorahh! Happy Trails all.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    im only in to make a claim to the SLC , the tax man , print off plane tickets…. if i can keep off here ill be done by 10

Bingo !

I m flying to Lagos on Monday, then up to Benin City !
    Just got a new YF card, spent 2 hours in immigration last time,

garage-dweller

In office all day apart from a 10 minute stroll at lunch. BUT did the commute both ways on the bike today for first time this year. Drivers were courteous and 17mile mostly urban/suburban route done in an hour each way, which is good for me. The sun even took away the pain of the climbs (mostly).

Had a half hour queue for the shower at work this morning. Clearly others had enjoyed a blast too!

rocketman
    Free Member

Sacked off working on Friday in 2007 for the specific purpose of moar bike riding. Curiously there have only been a handful of Fridays in all that time when the weather has been too bad to go out

footflaps

No one asked to see my Yellow Fever card at 5am this morning, whole airport was empty, bar our flight…

Pretty dull weather here, warm, humid (but not unbearable):

Lagos Traffic by brf, on Flickr

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Consider yourself lucky if you're not in work today’ is closed to new replies.