• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Conservative Manifesto… is it just me?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

This bit:

“We will tackle unauthorised traveller camps. We will give the police new powers to arrest and seize the property and vehicles of trespassers who set up unauthorised encampments, in order to protect our communities. We will make intentional trespass a criminal offence…”

Now that all sounds fine and dandy in that raving Daily Mail type way… but “intentional trespass” could come to cover a pretty wide range of activities beyond unauthorised traveller encampments. Are we about to be criminalised for cheeky trails, wild camping, popping into a field to get a photograph, being homeless, protesting or any other myriad of things that could see you on someone else’s property.

“Get off my land” could be about to become a whole lot more sinister.

slowoldman

Yes there will be a new Enclosures Bill by Christmas.

benv
    Free Member

Are we about to be criminalised for cheeky trails, wild camping, popping into a field to get a photograph, being homeless, protesting or any other myriad of things that could see you on someone else’s property.

Maybe, but thankfully not in Scotland.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

In other news… as soon as this house sells I am coming home… to Scotland 😉

Then the only fear is that “our” glorious leader may try to use his shiny new powers to remove that pesky Scottish Parliament and bring everywhere under his yoke.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

(if anyone wants a massive barn conversion in the South Lakes it is already on Rightmove….)

mulacs

Go on then Capt. Kronos, give us a link so we can rubberneck!

supernova

Just the tip of the iceberg of problems when those proto-fascists win the GE.

boxelder

It’s only criminal at the moment on educational establishments, railways, protected sites. If all trespass is made criminal, that could well be a worry. It’ll keep all those extra police officers that they’ve promised busy at least.

jimmy

trespassers who set up unauthorised encampments, in order to protect our communities.

Is that a cheeky comma? There’s a local encampment who set up there to… Protect the community from a bypass bulldozing through woodland.

kelvin
    mattyfez

Does that mean we can sue delivery drivers for crossing the pavement onto our property if they don’t have specific permission to do so?

This won’t end well.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’ve heard the redacted bits of the American trade deal discussions are Britain being sold to Trump in order to convert the country into gigantic high speed rail connected golf courses. With the rest of the country a Victorian theme park and hunting grounds.

birky
    Free Member

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65348001.html

That’s about 1/4 mile from my cousin’s place!

funkmasterp

(if anyone wants a massive barn conversion in the South Lakes it is already on Rightmove….)

Sorry to derail the thread. Your house is amazing. Fancy a swap for a two bed semi in Macclesfield?

ji
    Free Member

Police already have the powers to move people on from unauthorised encampments. The issue with travellers is that to use these powers, there needs to be somewhere to move them on to – an official campsite. Most local authorities dont have such a site (and most communities fight when one is proposed near them) so the police are unable to use these powers.

Not sure many police want additional powers, just additional sites for the travellers.

BruceWee

Ninja-like stealth-ad. I’m impressed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

That’s false advertising that is.

Clearly a mill conversion.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its all bluster to reinforce the gammon vote, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

There’s a local Facebook page here, same as most places have, it only ever gets interesting when our travelling cousins arrive each summer. 😂

ajaj
    Free Member

We’ve done this before, twice.

There were sufficient proposed safeguards to take mountain bikers out of scope.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It was a mill waaaaaay back – one of the original bobbin mills in the early 17th Century, then a basket factory then a barn then a house 😉

As for safeguards… do you trust Tory land owners with vested interests?

Marin
    Free Member

They’re self serving divisive **** of the worst kind who’ll see the average person burn for their own ends.
    Nice property. If Scotland somehow manages to stay in Europe I’m selling up and moving back even if the weathers awful.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Conservative Manifesto… is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.