Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 497 total)
  • Conservative Friends of Israel
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I was unconscious in a sleep like stage most of the time

I hope you pull through soon

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

I was unconscious in a sleep like stage most of the time

I hope you pull through soon

I am probably a zombie maggot. :mrgreen:

edit: I wish I didn’t (pull through) to be honest but then it would be unjust for my mum as she is the one that nursed me back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Edit – meh.

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Low and uncalled for, Junky.

No problem CaptainFlashheart as I don’t take offense.

Not surprisingly, this thread appears to have descended to the usual bighittazcirclejerk, though.

Are you surprised? I mean those 13 questions need answers and contemplation but most just avoid them.

🙂

slowoldman

Hmm not a terribly clever “questionnaire”. You could come up with something equally meaningless by substituting Israel for Palestine and Ben-Gurion for Arafat.

azku
    Free Member

Stoats.. Problem? I could be Netanyahu himself for all it matters.
    Ernie.. It could have listed many other countries too.. Does it matter?

Also personal attacks kind of derail credibility.

Slowold.. Might have some answers to the questions then?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

But those 13 questions are irrelevant in the context of recent Israeli actions.

Let’s say that someone in the IDF did end up on trial for committing a war crime such as deliberately bombing civilians. His defence would rest on proving he believed that he was attacking combatants and that lives were at risk if he didn’t attack. Not if the Palestinians had any real historical claim to be treated as a nation.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

Hmm not a terribly clever “questionnaire”. You could come up with something equally meaningless by substituting Israel for Palestine and Ben-Gurion for Arafat.

But the fact is someone got to answer those questions otherwise nobody knows what they are debating anymore.

🙂

edit: BigEaredBiker – you need to answer those 13 questions first.

azku
    Free Member

Bigear.. To make any sense of the situation you have to look at history.

kimbers

seems like some people in america might start becoming more aware of their hypocrisy

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/06/shocking-reality-ground.html

Northwind

The entire link is one big straw man. “If you are so sure that ” Palestine , the country, goes back through most of recorded history,”. It’s not in the slightest bit important whether this is true or not.

If someone’s dedicating so much effort (in the highly impartial “Jews News”) into knocking down an imaginary argument, it proves how incapable they are of dealing with the reality.

crankboy
    Free Member

Try asking your 13 silly questions about Israel you end up with a small fictional country less than 100 years old,led by terrorists founded on a fairy story with no economy other than a testing bed for superpower weapons no capital and no indigenous people.

Taking the long view those questions make the USA pop and on a longer view so does Britain.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Please explain why you want me to answer the 13 questions;

Are you looking to understand why its such a mess there and who has legitimate claim to the physical land? Or are you trying to justify actions taken by the IDF which are at best disproportionate and at worst war crimes?

The state of Israel has existed for over 60 years and is internationally recognised, it doesn’t really matter who was there before. There were 10 million ethnic German refugees that fled to East and West Germany after WW2, no one (their descendants included) demands they should be handed back their ancestral homes in the Czech Republic or Poland.

The fact is a superior military force belonging to a democracy is acting in an overly aggressive manner and possibly committing war crimes; history has shown us that the way forward involves compromise and a willingness to talk to those who would sooner you are dead. Arguing that the Arab nations poisoned the well (so to speak) forcing Israel to deal with a belligerent refugee population misses the point. Egypt didn’t want 700,000 refugees in 1948 and they certainly don’t want the 1.8 million that has grown into regardless of if they are the same ethnicity or not!

Understanding the history is great and useful but it won’t solve this problem as even Judge Judy couldn’t tell 1.8 million people that their ancestors lost a war 60 years ago so they need to forget about it – they still need somewhere to live and a viable economy to sustain them.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey … could you lot answer those 13 questions first please.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Crikey … could you lot answer those 13 questions first please.

Ok, so let’s go with what those questions are driving at and say that the Palestinians have no historical legitimacy to be a nation state. Now what? When does lasting a peace break out?

azku
    Free Member

Crankboy.. No words can counter such ignorance..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

azku – Member

Ernie.. It could have listed many other countries too.. Does it matter?

I think falsely suggesting that Pakistan is an Arab country probably does matter. Specially if you want people to take you seriously.

Although it didn’t matter to me and I found it highly amusing 🙂

Let’s have another look

*chuckles*

crankboy
    Free Member

Azku go on why am I wrong ?

andydicko
    Free Member

I think this is definately worth a read before any decision is made as to who is in the wrong.

Picking a side in the israel palestine conflict

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That map is, I dunno, I want to laugh, but it’s a serious situation, and yet, oh **** it, that map… 😆

DrJ

Let’s say that someone in the IDF did end up on trial for committing a war crime such as deliberately bombing civilians. His defence would rest on proving he believed that he was attacking combatants and that lives were at risk if he didn’t attack. Not if the Palestinians had any real historical claim to be treated as a nation.

Well, I just saw an interview with a Israeli soldier on TV, and he said he may have killed civilians, but he was following orders. You couldn’t make it up.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Azku go on why am I wrong ?

I think the get out clause was established here with “No words can counter such ignorance..”

Azku can’t explain why you are wrong because of an apparent lack of words.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cummon! Cummon! You guys are *slippery as eels trying to get you to answer those 13 questions.

(note: *no eels are harmed nor degraded as I am merely using this as a form of expression – a bit like trying to nail jelly (not the jellyfish) to the wall innit.)

Northwind

I’ve answered the 13 questions- the answer to every one is “it’s irrelevant, and by asking ridiculous irrelevant questions you prove you can’t deal with the real issues”

kimbers

well it really isnt the done thing to feed a troll, especially when he seems to be taking some sort of viscous pleasure in wishing away the human rights of a couple of milion people

but here goes even though these questions make virtually no sense , (answers mostly from wikipedia….)

1. When was it founded and by whom? no idea who founded lost in teh past its such an ancient part of human history but

5th century BC Ancient Greece.[8] Herodotus wrote of a ‘district of Syria, called Palaistinê in

2. What were its borders? back then id ask ancient syrians mandatory palestines was defined post world war…
    in 1920 according to us brits it was called palestine and given as a home to the jews…

3. What was its capital?
    tarditionally jerusalem, since israel has stolen that international law would say the west bank now

4. What were its major cities?
    see above though im not sure thats a prerequisite for being a country

5. What constituted the basis of its economy?
    same as the rest of the region probably

6. What was its form of government?
    when? originally when it was a district of syria, no idea either, but wow these questions are getting fatuous!

7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
    nope, your point?

8. Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
    no, show me 1 country in the history of the world ever whose borders are not dynamic and disputed by someone somewhere, – this question is really quite innocent, its really quite cute how silly the author is

9. What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
    id guess arabic

10. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ? in the last few hundred years id say islam, once again religions come and go

11. What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.
    bit random but throws up some interesting stuff palestine was once part of the Achaemenid Empire and coins from there are one of the oldest ever discovered

12. And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur? just the randon ebb and flow of history, although as 70% of the UN have recognised it as a country the author is obviously a bit confused

13. You are lamenting the “low sinking” of a “once proud” nation. Please tell me, when exactly was that “nation” proud and what was it so proud of?”
    Id say that people have lived in ‘palestine’ for at least 7000 years and having been part of some of the greatest empires known to man and ultimately the fertile crescent the birthplace of modern humanity as we left africa, and n modern times they are surviving apartheid and ethnic cleansing by a powerful neighbour, plenty of reasons for pride

all hail the author!
    anyone hailing the author would have to be some sort of simplistic idiot either pushing an unpleasant agenda or just really really stupid or perhaps both……

chewkw
    Free Member

edit: ^^^ :mrgreen: Someone has answered the questions. (now we need to get those answers to the author – could someone please do so?)

Northwind – Member

I’ve answered the 13 questions- the answer to every one is “it’s irrelevant, and by asking ridiculous irrelevant questions you prove you can’t deal with the real issues”

Cummon! Cummon! That’s not the way to turn around a debate by refusing to answer those 13 questions. (feel a bit like PM question time innit)

Cummon! Cummon! (see … now you upset Peter Griffin)

Really, I want to know answers … seriously. <- Kimbers to the rescue. 😯

kimbers – Member

all hail the author!

anyone hailing the author would have to be some sort of simplistic idiot either pushing an unpleasant agenda or just really really stupid or perhaps both……

Those are genuine questions that I never thought of asking so I want to know the answers to them. If the modern world, as with all your collective intelligence, can solve the problem why are they still fighting? Are you living in dark ages? Are you barbarians?

Kimbers, I sense that you are really an angry person that cannot accept others’ point of views? Why so? Are you always right?

🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

Edit: Kimbers – (Damn! I need to type quickly) … I mean there are so many people in the world that may think like me so I guess we are all simplistic idiots? Well done for categorising. No wonder wars never end.

azku
    Free Member

Thing is crankboy where does one start.. 6000BC ?

Also good article Andy

crankboy
    Free Member

So chewkw you have your wish now in the spirit of friendly debate can you answer the same 13 questions for Israel at any point in history prior to 1900?

crankboy
    Free Member

Go on then 6000 BC borders of Israel ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I mean there are so many people in the world that may think like me

A worrying thought.

chewkw
    Free Member

crankboy – Member

So chewkw you have your wish now in the spirit of friendly debate can you answer the same 13 questions for Israel at any point in history prior to 1900?

Crankboy … are you trying to give me a headache? I mean reading?

You see all the answers are available from the internet you know so do I have to do research to your answers? D’oh! The 13 questions bounce back … 😆

deadlydarcy – Member

I mean there are so many people in the world that may think like me

A worrying thought.

Really?

Actually, we are the good guys while you are the bad guys.

😆

Edit: Dammit! You lot stop making me search the internet for answers or increase my thinking ability! I don’t want to stress my brain cells!

kimbers

ill answer 1 last question

Kimbers, I sense that you are really an angry person that cannot accept others’ point of views? Why so? Are you always right?

400 dead children makes me angry and intolerant especially of people who seem to thank thats fine and dandy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really?

I’ll take the Junkyard prerogative on that one.

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    400 dead children makes me angry and intolerant especially of people who seem to thank thats fine and dandy

You need so many deaths to make you angry? 😯

One innocence death is enough for me.

Anyway, calm down this is STW forum be cool man be cool as I don’t want to read you on the front page newspaper chasing people around to teach them a lesson just because they don’t agree with you.

😀

Edit: Dammit! See what you guys have made me do! i.e. search the interweb! I am trying to watch telly you know.

Read till your heart content …

9 questions about Israel – Palestine

edit:

deadlydarcy – Member
    I’ll take the Junkyard prerogative on that one.

As you wish after all its STW so there will always be like minded people.

Not sure why you are with Junkyard unless you belly is burning with fire? No?

konabunny
    Free Member

azku – Member
    Bigear.. To make any sense of the situation you have to look at history.
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

if you looked at history you’d know that the emergence of states, and nation-states in particular, is a phenomenon of the 19th century. anyone who claimed that any nation-state has existed throughout recorded history would be talking complete nonsense. that’s probably why, as far as I can see, no-one has done it. and for that reason, your link is predicated on an entirely false premise.

hope that helps.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Israel seems to be acting a lot like the Nazis.

This was my thought after reading this thread in which I’ve learnt a few new things. So I thought I’d google around the sentiment, and found that it’s been suggested many times, not just by Hamas, but even by notable Jews and the UN.

I wonder where Israel would be if this view were prevalent in the media and our society, rather than the Palestinians being a bunch of fundamentalist Islamic terrorists or simply Arabs bringing it upon themselves.

Even more interesting was seeing how it was presented and refuted in the media. If anything the Zionists and conservative supporters are even more rabid. I found the following from an Auschwitz survivor, attacked for being an anti-Semite, particularly insightful:

“Formerly an anti-Semite was somebody who hated Jews because they were Jews and had a Jewish soul. But nowadays an anti-Semite is somebody who is hated by Jews.”

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Chewkh, you’ve now shown yourself for the immature hypocritical troll you are.

Do you actually think you re funny?

Time to move on and ignore you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But nowadays an anti-Semite is somebody who is hated by Jews.

I like that a lot but I would use the term Zionists rather an Jews as otherwise it suggests that Jews are the problem, which they’re not.

Although I do understand that using the term Jews adds very significantly to the obvious intended irony of the statement.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 497 total)

The topic ‘Conservative Friends of Israel’ is closed to new replies.