Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Conductive gel for HRM – any recommendations?
  • offthebrakes
    Free Member

HRM keeps losing my heartbeat a few minutes into rides – it’s presumably dried out while I’m still faffing getting ready, and before I’ve warmed up enough to sweat.

Anyone tried conductive gel?

jam-bo

Spit.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Not so practical to reapply under multiple layers in winter.

lucien

More spit to start with, let sweat take over

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve used it, some blue stuff I can’t remember the name of. Lasts a bit longer than a splash of water so gave me a chance to get sweaty before it dried out.

Good luck buying some, I got a lot of puzzled looks from chemists before I found some. Now I think about it I wonder whether it’s very different to the Durex lubes you can buy in the supermarket.

lucien

Good luck buying some, I got a lot of puzzled looks from chemists before I found some. Now I think about it I wonder whether it’s very different to the Durex lubes you can buy in the supermarket.

Totally, as Cherry flavour not required for riding

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I’m going to give Cherry a try I think 😉

theotherjonv

KY jelly. Used as a conductive gel for ultrasound stuff as well as …. well you know.

Drac
    legolam
    Free Member

I liberated a couple of sachets of KY from the ward I was working on a while back for this purpose. I then had to face the shame of trying to explain why on earth I needed KY jelly for my HR monitor when caught by the ward sister, who’d clearly never even contemplated the concept of training, HR monitoring, or exercise. It’d have been quicker and less embarrassing to just say I needed it for sex.

Since it ran out, I just use more spit now (for the HR monitor, before anyone asks…)

nickdavies

Sex lube, or if you’re more the quiet type who doesn’t like the sex counter in boots, you can use coconut butter. (I was given a bottle to go with an electric ab machine once, never used it but i was told it works.)

Or just get the proper stuff?

http://www.medisupplies.co.uk/category.php?Catid=7660&utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_feed_or_listings&pl=STD&gclid=CM3I7rWXr8ICFeLItAodyF0AsQ

mduncombe
    Free Member

I have had good results with

buh-bump heart rate monitor cream

you use such a tiny amount one bottle has lasted me years and the fact I have lost it somewhere 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Conductive gel for HRM – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.