Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Conditions at Gisburn?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Thinking of taking a drive over – possibly Sunday.Anyone been over there recently. Thanks

tomhoward

Follows with interest…

Simon

Was there on Tuesday night. Lots of mud and puddles. It was below zero, bikes (and feet!) were covered in ice and frozen mud.

postierich
    Free Member

Dull!

stumpyjon

Bit like you then postierich, helpful that comment was not.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Not been for a few weeks, but had a lovely ride a few miles away in the edge of the Dales a couple of days ago (Mastiles lane, Settle loop etc). All the “hardened” tracks are holding up well given the weather, we found one or two unrideably boggy bits but only a few yards out of a full day. I’m sure Gisburn will be ok, expect some frost and puddles as Simon says.

vondally
    Free Member

Last weekend we went puddles wet and holding up nicely better than the local fells.

chestrockwell

Was up there the other week and apart from a bit of standing water the trails were holding up very well.

thepodge
    Free Member

Frozen solid on Thursday

devash
    Free Member

I went 3 weeks ago and it was fine. Just loads of puddles and ice as others have said so pack some waterproof socks and / or shoes.

postierich
    Free Member

Whoops looks like my comment was taken the wrong way! Dull=weather Gisburn rocks!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Going off on a tangent a bit, but how come they managed to build the car park in the very coldest spot of the entire forest?

I’m joking obvs (before I get flamed) but it was **** freezing there the other Sunday – however the trails were delightful.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Gisburn?’ is closed to new replies.