Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Conditions again (sorry): Macc Forest & Charity Lane
  • higgo
    Free Member

Anyone ride (or walk) Macc Forest on Sunday or Monday?

I know Charity Lane likes to hold onto its snow, often in horrid drifts. But I’m kind of hoping that with a four day BH weekend it will have been trampled down by hordes of walkers.

I have no issue with snow and ice – I’ve ridden down there in all manner of conditions but it’s a succession of big, clumpy drifts that would piss me off.

tazzymtb

I have no issue with snow and ice – I’ve ridden down there in all manner of conditions but it’s a succession of big, clumpy drifts that would piss me off.

was blinkin awful conditions according to a mate who attempted to ride it at the weekend.

jekkyl

I was up there 2 weeks ago and the big climb to charity lane through the woods was off limits due to logging and the track was was all cut up to **** by the big logging vehicle. My advice would be to climb up on the road past teggs nose and drop down through the car park, nice little off road bit, brings you out to the bottom of the tarmac climb to charity lane.

gb1m
    Free Member

This was on Friday , but it won’t have got much better over the weekend. Bottom of the oven which leads from the end of charity is also full to the brim.

I bypassed charity by going right on the fp next to the stone house (brings you out towards the end of charity) All of the single track on the over side is riding sweet.

higgo
    Free Member

Hmmmm….. was passing this afternoon so thought I’d go and have a look:

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s a horrendous wind that’s coming left to right as you go up the cat & fiddle, I’m talking pedalling down hill & nearly getting blown off kinda wind.

Still snow about too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Conditions again (sorry): Macc Forest & Charity Lane’ is closed to new replies.