Concept 2 rowers – does anyone do long sessions on them, 10000 metres+ ??

Home Forum Chat Forum Concept 2 rowers – does anyone do long sessions on them, 10000 metres+ ??

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Concept 2 rowers – does anyone do long sessions on them, 10000 metres+ ??
  • mrben100

I had heard 5 was the closet to actual drag.

Being 6’4″ tall I prefer to do long strong strokes (oooh er missus) rather than quicker.

Much prefer the resistance of level 10, generally stay at a stroke rate of 28-30 strokes per minute.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

3 is the closest to water resistance,

I had heard 5 was the closet to actual drag.

Maybe, but not really. The setting on the machine is just an arbitrary number. The “drag factor” is what is important. For the same drag factor on different machines, you would probably use a different setting number. Basically it depends how much crap, etc has collected in the fan.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

I used to do it a lot in the gym, my time for 10km was 39mins. My best for 5km was 18min 34. There was a lot of competeition for that title 🙂

My longest row was 42km, Marathon distance. I did it as a sponsored thing to raise money for a poorly little filr. I raised the best part of a grand. 3hrs 20 mins was that… long arse row.

I also pull a long slow stroke, SPM of 20-22 and a resistance of 6-7 depending on my mood.

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

This thread reminds me of doing 60min sessions at Holme PierrePoint when I was at Uni as a yoof. I preferred the run round the lake before the ergo and circuits after the ergo, but much preferred to be just out on the lake. Oh BTW 1:45-1:40 pace for an hour is what we were expected to do.

Albanach

I had a fact sheet which recommended a drag factor of 125-140 which equates to 5-7 on the rowers in our gym. Used to be a 10 setting man until about 4 weeks ago when I started the drag factor business, I noticed a big difference straight away and the 20 second intervals are grim with 10 seconds rest.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Concept 2 rowers – does anyone do long sessions on them, 10000 metres+ ??’ is closed to new replies.