Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Computer bods' – help and advice needed – network solutions
  • neilforrow

Long story but I am now part owner of a company in the southwest. All good news apart from the computer system.

It was a cheep’ network to start with and is now well overdue for an upgrade.

Instead of a traditional server-workstation setup, I have been looking into a cloud based system. Has anyone set one up?

Has anyone got any useful links to do a bit of reading up, any recommendations for hosts and what are the negatives?

Yes, google is my friend, however, there is a lot of info and it is proving hard to digest.

Cheers

Neil.

leffeboy

Go for a bit more info. if possible. How many machines, what sort of work you do, what software you use, do people travel, are you somewhere with good network connections etc. A lot depends on that stuff

neilforrow

leffeboy – 6-7 workstations, all running MS office. We do a lot of report writing – bit of cad work, some analytical software too (numerical modelling stuff – but access to that is not needed 24-7). Large mail box sizes too.

We do a lot of travel, so network access at home would be good too.

MS outlook, word and excel are the main 3.

As for connections, not that great, but a fibre may be coming soon.

Cheers.

neilforrow

Also there is about 60Gb of data to store and back up…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Computer bods' – help and advice needed – network solutions’ is closed to new replies.